Field trip lunch-time.

I just had the funniest thing happen! I had two boys from another class accuse two boys in my class of screaming in the bathrooms. They "gave me their solemn" word that it wasn't them and then said it was two other boys from another classroom. I went and got those two boys who also told me it wasn't them. Must be the bathroom ghosts. The same ones that are pooping in the urinals. I told them that someone here was not telling me the truth since they were the only ones in the bathroom at the time. I reminded them what honesty was and blah blah blah. I finally told them that being honest would make me very happy, more happy than I would be mad. (really at this point it's a battle of wills and I felt like I was losing).
Me to boy #1: Are you telling me the truth?
Boy one: Uh huh
Boy two: yes
Boy three: shakes head yes
Boy four: I'm going to be honest, I was.
Me: Give me a high five! Way to be honest!
Boy three: I'll be honest too (while holding his hand up for a high five).
I just had to laugh at boy #3 because he was obviously going to keep on being dishonest until he saw that I wasn't mad. I hate these kind of "she said he said" situations and I've learned that they really go nowhere. Kids don't want to get "in trouble" so they will lie and they will stick with it forever. I'm super impressed by this kid who didn't but I'm not super disappointed in the one that did. Adults must be scary. I was so terrified of getting in trouble in school that I just never did anything wrong but the one time I did, I lied about it. It still eats away at me. (It doesn't)
Monkeys!
I had almost given up hope but yesterday I got an email from our resort and they found our monkey photos. This is the only one that anyone will ever see. Seven days of food binging does not result in great bathing suit photos but I had to show you the monkeys. My monkey looks like it loved me more than Ryan's monkey. Man! I'd love to squeeze a monkey right now. So cute!
Because I'm the mother...that's why
I've got my very own pre-teen right now and I see that I'm getting payback for the moody child I was. Hanna has decent style but she is still experimenting and sometimes she wants things from the jr. prostitute line. I tell her that aint happening and then she gets all pissy. I don't react well to her behaviour and so there are consequences. We got rid of our land line phone last week, so for Hanna's 12th birthday (in a few weeks) she got a cell phone (that she will have to share with Grace). She has already had it "grounded" because of being snotty to me. She'll learn. You don't mess with mama. Happy Mother's Day to everyone who has been a "mom" to me. Luvs you!
6 comments:
Your mom loves you too and happy mother's day to you. You are a great mom. Mom
Now we want monkey pix by the pool too! I would give my left arm to have the summer off! You must be counting down!
Cute pictures! I love the little monkeys!
Hope you had a great mothers day Shea. I'm LOL at "the jr. protitute line". I have a feeling Vanessa will be challenging fashion wise at that age too - right no she only likes pink, jewels, glitter and sparkles. If the outfit does not have at least one of those she will not wear it. Good times ahead I'm sure :)
What cute monkeys! You are a great teacher--I think you need to find out who's pooping in the urinals now :).
Love the post! Cute pics
Post a Comment