I'm not going to bore you with what we have been up to in the last 6 months. Life just kind of goes on and most people who will read this are my FaceBook friends so they know what has been going on.
Family Pictures in Canada
I was recently diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which you can read all about if you click on it. It's an autoimmune disease and it means my thyroid doesn't work right. Fortunately my main symptoms are dry skin/hair, fatigue, stomach issues and extreme bitchiness. I mean, fortunately, because I have been reading blogs of people who suffer from Hashi's and there are some pretty horrible symptoms. So, to hopefully avoid these horrible symptoms, my doctor recommended some extreme dietary changes. I hate the term "Paleo" because it seems so trendy now but that is basically what he wants me to follow. Just when I was getting a bit comfortable with being gluten free, I now have to eliminate even more foods. Last night at dinner I wanted pumpkin pie but had to settle for ice-cream. I'm not a big fan of ice-cream but ya know, something is better than nothing.Hanna is a cheerleader. I can't remember if I wrote here about how Ryan and I weren't too jazzed about this. When she told us in the spring that she wanted to try out, I didn't take it that seriously. She had never done cheer before or anything really like it. I did sign her up for a tumbling class at the rec center because she asked me to do that for her. So ya, she made the 8th grade cheer squad. It is expensive, requires a lot of time and is honestly, a pain in my ass (also Ryan's). That being said, their team is really good, they work really hard and they have had success in their competitions (first place in both!). What I'm trying to say is that I'm proud of Hanna, for going after something she really wanted and working hard. Oh, and yes, I appreciate the irony that Hanna is a cheerleader. I apologize for all the mean things I said about cheerleaders in High School. Marching Band Rules!
Hanna and her friend Jennie
But pleasures are like poppies spread:
You seize the flower, its bloom is shed;
Or like the snow fall on the river,
A moment white - then melts forever,
Before (with Gailon's pen drawing over my old tat)
After
Yes, it hurt REALLY BADLY.These last 6 months have seen a lot of changes in my life. I appreciate the people/friends who have been understanding and accepting of who I am. It hasn't been an easy time for me so the support of others has meant a lot. Luvs ya! And yes, I'm being purposefully vague. Okay, time for some Walking Dead.


.jpg)

12 comments:
Hi-jinks in Minneapolis! Woo. We'll sleep when we're dead (or for me after 11 pm). Woo.
Funny - I was going to ask you today if you had given upon the blog. I always use it to get the mimismartypants and postsecret links so I look at it once a week. Way to go!
Becky
So glad that you are blogging again! You are good at it and I have missed your musings. When are we getting together?!?! I will email you.
Yea! Glad to see you blogging again. I just checked your blog yesterday to see if I had been missing any. I am always up in your biz so I don't have any profound commentary to add :)
Shea, love that your blogging again!! I love that your daughters a cheerleader and she is doing well in it...;-) LOVE your tattoo...and I love the meaning behind it. Have fun in minnesota...DRESS warm!! Also, I don't know what your talking about but I am happy you are happy...:-) we all need to figure out our life for ourselves....;-) take care!!
LOVED your poem about poppies. Your tatoo looks amazing! I love you so much and you are seriously a sweetheart. Thanks for being such a good friend to me!
I've been slacking on my blogging too. Not sure anyone even reads my blog anymore anyway.
and I know I told you before but I'll tell you again, I really like your tattoo! :)
Mall of America is cool but it is soooo big that it can be overwhelming. We were there when Annalise was just a toddler so we didn't get to see very much but the amusement park area was very fun! Enjoy!
Your back looks beautiful. Now to find a bikini that will work with it eh? Angie Campbell
Even though we're on facebook, I still like reading your blog. Too many people on facebook to always know how everyone is. Yea blogs!
Wow nice tattoo Shea! Great to hear how you are doing again too. Iain and I have been Wheat free since October 9th... Feeling great and he has lost a ton of weight while I have not so much but I don't think I could go back. I use tons of the Paleo recipes for dinner ideas and have made some delish dishes. :)
I'm starting to see some results Lori. I'm not so bloated all the time and I think I've lost weight. My clothes feel loose. I don't weigh myself because of body image issues.
Post a Comment