Monday, July 06, 2009

Truck Nutz

I'm in Canada for the week visiting my family and having a Canadastic time. We were at a friend's house for a party and I overheard them talking about balls that people put on their trucks that look like a scrotum. I thought they were talking about trailer hitches and they just kind of looked like balls. But no, there are actual fake scrotum looking things that people actually attach to the underside of their truck, on purpose. I don't understand much about truck mentality but I sure don't get what kind of douche you would have to be to have something like this on your truck. A lot of the conversation went like this...

Me: They aren't actual balls, right? Just hitches that have balls on them so people think they look like balls?

Everyone: NO! They look like an actual scrotum.

Me: I don't believe you.

Well I now believe because you can google it and see for yourself. I've yet to see one on an actual truck driving around but I'm hoping to spot a real-life one soon. I take that back, I don't want to see one as I've been scarred enough just looking at them on the internet.


Aside from being appalled by this new discovery, I'm having a great time here. We went to another great party hosted by Rick and Dar that involved much Sing Star and good times at the BBQ pit. I was hoping to make my famous "jam wieners" but couldn't find any Little Smokies so I had to make "jam balls" instead. Here is the secret, Heinz Chili sauce, grape jelly and little swedish meatballs. Mix them together in a crock pot, heat and enjoy. You can google the recipe if you want exact measurements. Might sound gross but they are always a hit. My crock pot had no jam balls in it at the end of the night.

Becky (SIL) trying to take advantage of me while I concentrate on my Sing Star.

Rick and Dar's backyard, which I really like. Next time I won't put my flip flops on the fire pit and melt them.

We went to Earl's today to eat and we got the s'more desert with homemade marshmallows and graham crackers. I had Monti take a picture of it with his iPhone because I thought it was so delicious and the presentation was great. I love Earl's.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am bummed I missed out on Earls today - it looks delicious. And again - for the record- I was only trying to help by fixing your belt. You also failed to mention that I went undefeated on singstar. See you tomorrow.
Becky

Shea said...

We can go to Earl's again Beckster. I like to go at least twice. The pecan pie was looking good even to me.

Monti said...

or keylime

Quinn said...

Those truck ball things are pretty creepy.
But the Smores look very delicious.
I am glad you are having a good time.

Lori-Ann said...

Sounds like you are having fun at home Shea...and although I've seen those truck ball things they are rare around here I'm happy to say.

Natalie said...

Don't know how I've been so lucky, but the neighbor kid across the street has got some blue babies dangling from his hitch - thankfully not as gigantic as the ones in the picture.

Love the grape jelly meatballs too, always a bit hit.

Ter said...

Truck balls, what the heck? Why? Why? WHY?

but the desert at Earls looks good! I haven't been there in ages and I don't think they had that desert when I was there last. I may have to make a trip there sometime soon. (if only I can find someone to go with me!)

Michelle said...

If you've never seen the truck balls, you haven't spent enough time in Iowa. They even make them in keychain size and are sold at various truck stops in Iowa. Try explaining to your children what they are. "I have no idea what those things are" and pass the vehicle asap. I will probrably get a ticket because of those someday.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

ummm....Oh my goodness....I have never heard or witness that horrible sight of truck balls.....EWWWWWW!!!!

Tiffany said...

We are headed up there in two weeks. I guess I need to keep my eyes peeled for some "truck balls!" (eww..not really..gross)
Looks like you are having a great time not to mention eating great food. Have a safe trip back!