Ryan needed a roll of paper towels today and asked Grace is she would run downstairs and get him some out of the storage room. She said she'd have to get Hanna to go down with her because she was afraid. Long story short, she won't go into the basement alone because she is afraid of E.T. Yep, that beloved alien that both Ryan and I had stuffed dolls of as children, terrifies Grace. Apparently she thinks E.T. might pop out from around a corner in our basement. She started crying and so we pushed her into the basement and locked the door. Haha! No, we let it go but told her she'd probably have to learn to like the basement since she would have a room down there someday.
Grace: "With Hanna?"
Me: "No. With E.T."
I thought that was pretty funny but it just made her cry again and made Ryan give me a nasty look.
See Grace, Michael Jackson isn't afraid.

Ryan checked Hanna out of school early yesterday because she had to get a spacer/retainer thing put in so her mutant teeth don't get more mutanty. He sent me this picture from the dentist and all I could think was, "JAWS!"

Ryan doesn't like the bangs. He keeps making little comments about how he likes the, "brushed to the side." He's just not on the cutting edge like I am and has a thing where he wants me to look like I did when we met in bowling class 16 years ago. I found this picture of me the last time I had full bangs. I must have been about seven and going through a Little House phase.
8 comments:
My sister wouldn't sit by a window for years because she was afraid ET was going to come through the window and get her! And if it was raining, she'd just be hanging out in the closet all day. :)
Annalise needs to get braces as well. But, she can't get them until she looses more teeth. The girl has only lost about half of her baby teeth. Though, when the doctor told us we would have to wait I wasn't sad in the least.
These aren't really braces. It's a retainer to push her bottom teeth out so they others can fit in. Hanna has only lost about 8 teeth.
Oh I love ET! It was one of the first movies I saw in the theater.
That picture of you is adorable! Love the bangs and braids. I used to have the same look.
I love the Michael Jackson/E.T. photo!!
You were such a cute little girl and I can see resemblences to your daughters at their ages!!
I always thought grace looked more like you than Hanna did but in seeing that photo of you as a little girl, I think Hanna looks more like you than Grace! :)
Ter I think in a lot of ways Hanna is a blonde me. Grace has more of my nose though.
I went through a serious little house phase.
You were adorable, I see where your girls get it.
Zoe won't go anywhere alone. Not the basement, not her bedroom, not to the bathroom. It all stems to the haunted house. SO, I won't yet tell her about E.T.
Post a Comment