Mrs. Catlady is needing someone to take a cat to her sisters for her. Her
sister lives in Manhattan Beach, California. If anyone is traveling thay way
for the Holidays, and would be willing you can call Mrs. Catlady at 555-5555.
Mrs. Catlady also said she would pay 50 dollars after the cat was delievered.
Thanks
I left the spelling mistakes in on purpose. There are so many things about this email that crack me up. I also have many questions. Why does the cat need to go to Manhattan Beach? Is it just visiting or permanently relocating? Is the cat alive or dead? What's the cats name? I like how you don't get your money until the cat is delivered. You know, just in case you are tempted to keep the cat. I've traveled with a cat before. When we were going to school in Laramie, we had to take our cat Simon with us whenever we traveled for an extended time because we had no one to watch her. One such trip to Ryan's parents house resulted in a chipped tooth for Ryan. The cat was making such a horrible noise that he pulled off the road, slammed on the breaks and, I thought, was getting the cat to throw it out into the Wyoming desert. He clenched his teeth so hard, one chipped. This was when the cat was drugged! Yes, we got medicine from the vet to drug our cat on car trips because if it wasn't, the noise it made was unbearable. So yeah, I don't think I'll be taking $50 to transport someones random, maybe rotting, cat to California.
The stuff legends are made of
This week was not one of my best. I got sick Sunday morning with a sore throat and all my positive health thoughts did not work because I ended up being sick the rest of the week. One of the worst things about teaching is how difficult it is to take a sick day. I have to find a sub and write sub plans. Sadly, it is easier to go into work sick and try to keep contact with your students to a minimum. I've yet to be so sick that I can't make it into work. Which in my mind would involve copious amounts of puke and or uncontrollable coughing/fever. So yeah, the week just seemed long and tiring but manageable until Thursday when I was hit with 2 (almost three if you count one of the other teachers dry heaving in the hall) types of bodily fluid. I wasn't actually hit with them but I was within hitting range. I didn't really get grossed out and it helped that my sense of smell seemed to be damaged by my cold. I guess it's pretty rare to have both a #1 and #2 accident in one day so I'm hoping that I'll be the thing of legend soon. "I heard, Mrs. Van Fleet had two accidents in one day in 2010! Can you believe that?" It's all part of teaching first grade and honestly, I almost started crying because my two students looked so sad. The only thing I was really worried about was my room being forever tainted but the custodial staff and my fellow teachers did a great job of cleaning/freshening my room. All is well again in room 111.
Insight
Ryan uploaded some photos from the girl's cameras into iPhoto the other day. When I was looking through I found some quite interesting.
I just liked this photo of Hanna. It was from the summer of 2009 when we went on the Heber Creeper with Nana.
You knew there would be photos of the cat right? Looks like Lucy was playing some "Sing It" and fell asleep.
This photo made me laugh. Something about Lucy's expression. Like she is thinking, "Yeah, that's right. I'm wearing a dress. Humiliating isn't it?"
Hanna is kind of an animal whisperer. I liked this photo of her with Melly.
I'm guessing the girls put Grandpa up to this when he was cutting up fruit one morning, or my dad is a knife wielding psycho.
5 comments:
That advertisement is pretty funny. I wonder if anyone took the job.
Sorry to hear you have had the sickies. Seems to be going around alot lately.
The photos are pretty good!
Sorry about the sick crap... you teachers put up with so much!!
Thank you for the knowledge about traveling with cats--I will NEVER attempt it!
Do I know the person who requested the cat transferring? That is crazy. And speaking of crazy, I love the picture of your Dad. LOL. The girls are really enjoying their camera and the cat. Lucy is such a good sport.
Hope you're done with classroom accidents for the year. What a day. I peed my pants once in first grade. It happens to the best of us. LOL
LOVE the Catlady email!!! You will be held as a legend for having both accidents in one day:) Lucky you!
Like your pics...I love looking back at old pics and seeing the fun things from the past.
Oh my gosh, I love your first grade stories. I have one of me in second grade I'll tell you, but not on the internet!
I'd not take someone else's Cat to California with me.
I love your Cats name. If I ever get a dog, I am naming her Lucy.
Post a Comment