What is cuter than kids in footie pajamas? Maybe Kittens in footie pajamas?

Kids on a Christmas high.

Grace got a flip camera for Christmas so I tested it out while they tried out their new Ripstix.
Please don't follow our example
So this year was pretty good. Ryan and I are still liking our jobs. Mine is getting a little bit easier. We took a fabulous vacation to Disneyland, visited Charlotte and my family in the summer. Both girls are doing well in school this year and I really like my class at school. Ryan does his detectivy stuff and does it well. I don't think anyone in our extended family was in the hospital this year! There are still things in my life I struggle with, namely my body image and faith but all I can do is continue to work on these things. I'm so grateful I have Ryan to go through life with. How lucky we are that a chance meeting between two people at a bowling alley has turned out so well? We were so stupid and young when we got married. I tell my girls if they ever come to me at 19 and tell me they are getting married it will kill me. "You don't want mommy to die do you?" They just roll their eyes.
You wish I was your mama
Hanna started wearing make-up this month. I've never had any hard and fast rule about when make-up wearing could start but she'd never really bugged me that much about it. The other day she wore some eyeshadow to school and when I questioned her about it "Is that eyeshadow?" She told me yes and that even her teacher told her she looked really good. I said it looked fine and she could keep wearing it. (COOLEST MOM EVAS!) The next day she came to school with this super dark purple eyeshadow on. Coolest mom ever rubbed it off with her fingers. Obviously she needed some guidance. So Santa brought her some mascara, eyeshadow and I gave her some of my old Clinique samples. Even Ryan admitted she did a really good job and looked cute. That's big for a dad. Next week I'm going to show her how to use a Sharpie to make some chola eyebrows.
This year is going to kick a$$
My friend Kristin and I have this thing were we say "This is going to be the year!" It means different things to each of us but it usually has something to do with exercise. This year Kristin and I are going to run the Riverton half-marathon together. I'm excited to start training for this challenge. My goal is to not have to walk or puke. The marathon is held the end of March and a few weeks later, Ryan and I are going to Mexico for his 40th birthday! That has to do with my other goal for the year which is to look decent (for 37) in a bikini. Happy New Year! I'm leaving you with one of my favorite kitten videos of the year.
12 comments:
Happy New Year Shea (I almost typed happy birthday). Hope things continue to go well for you. Keep up the good work. :)
Good luck with the half marathon! I can run up to five minutes now. Who knows, maybe I'll catch up with you in ten years. :)
Good luck with the half!!!! You will do great!--Mel
Training with a friend is the best--than you can buoy each other up. I can't believe Ryan will be 40! And you and the bikini--I bet you look better than most 37 year-olds already!!!
Wow the girls are awesome on those! Lily used the neighbor's last summer and it is way harder than it looks! They are good! We got Lily her own for Christmas but there is no way we can use it until spring. You guys are lucky! Good luck with the running. You can do it! And I'm glad you are feeling peace and contentment. You are right--life is good.
JenH
Hi Shea, I have been waiting for the Christmas blog. The girls are growing up. I can't believe Hanna is old enough for make up. Ethan and Beth got footie pajamas too.
We all went sledding on the hill this morning and Ethan and Beth were wishing Hanna and Grace were here to go with them. The snow was too icy to dig snow forts. Have a good new year. It sounds like you have good plans.
Love Mom
Ok I know someone else can't change how you feel about yourself but you are adorable! You are a skinny little thing and look great! I didn't know you are going to Mexico! Fun times.
Looks like a fun Christmas! I agree with Shari about how adorable you are, and I am SO glad you work with me! Lucky going to Mexico, should be fun:)
Happy New Year Shea! This coming year sounds like it is totally going to "be the year!" You guys have some great plans and goal to work towards. Good luck!! Looking forward to reading all about it.
I'm running a half this year, too! I'm a little freaked out about it. I've only ever run competitively for turkey Trots at Thanksgiving, and, even then I wouldn't say I'm competing. Ha! Good luck. Also, I was looking at running the Ogden Half 2012- wanna run it with me? Did you ever get our Christmas card?
Sure I'll run in Ogden 2012 but why Ogden? I haven't got your card yet.
Why aren't you liveblogging the golden globes? It was a fun show that ended early. Hope yuou had a good weekend!
Becky!
Post a Comment