This is keeping me going. Photos of our resort.



Are Toms shoes ugly?
It's not secret I'm a bit of a fashion victim (Uggs. Seriously.) but whatever. I'm contemplating buying some Toms shoes. Ryan thinks they are hideous but he pretty much hates all kinds of shoes I like except high heels and all-stars. I need opinions from others. Don't be diplomatic.

Speaking of fashion victims
It's official, I'm an idiot. A friend told me about a website that sold Uggs for about half price. Yes, they were in China but even real UGGS are made in China. I know! Surprised? I envisioned some Paul Hogan type sheering a sheep and stitching my boots in a quaint Aussie workshop. No, it's most likely 13 year old Chinese girls who get paid in slaps. I ignored all the warning signs (horrible English translations on the website was one) and ordered my boots. When they came, it was obvious they were fakes. They looked pretty good but I could tell. Also my much more intelligent friend Kim, sent me to the official UGGS website that tells you how to spot counterfeit websites. Yep, mine was one. That would have been useful information before I ordered them Kim. I'm kind of weird about fake things, especially shoes. So it really bugged me that they weren't real. I put them on KSL disclosing that they were fakes and actually sold them last week. I took the money plus some birthday money and bought these:

When you are hypothyroid your feet are always cold in the winter. They may not be cute but they keep my feet warm. It's better than giving up and wearing slippers everywhere.
Family "fun"
The girls played Just Dance2 at a friend's house and told me they wanted to pool their money and buy it. Hanna had just babysat for the first time and was feeling rich. If you need a babysitter, Hanna is more responsible than the rest of the Van Fleet's put together. We drove to GameStop where Hanna traded in 3 DS games and Grace 1. Ryan bought the game and then we figured out what they each owed us after in the car. I can tell you that Grace does not understand economics. There were so many things wrong with her reasoning, I found it alarming. As far as I can tell, she thinks Wii games cost about $10 (reality $40-50) and that if your sister trades in more games than you, you should still be responsible for the same amount. There was crying, loud talking (trying not to yell) and then laughter which only made the crying worse. Is it wrong that we laugh when our children cry? Prolly.
Just dance is wicked fun and a killer workout. It fulfills my secret desire to be a go-go dancer.
We've done made a fine nerd
Hanna passed the advanced placement test for jr. high. It's official, my child is "advanced". You may all bow down and worship me because I'm obviously the best parent ever. It must be because of all those days I placed her in front of Dora with some cheerios and a sippy cup while I went back to sleep. I bet it was the co-op preschool Kristin and I did that involved our kids who-knows-what together while we gossiped. We will let Hanna decide if she wants to participate in the program. Honestly, it looks like a lot of work for both her and us. I might be too lazy to have an "advanced" kid.
10 comments:
Feeling the winter blues here too. It's nearly -40C with the windchill. Bleh. I agree with you that we should get a week long paid vacation somewhere warm!
Re: Toms, I have shoes that look similar which I paid $5 at Walmart or somewhere similar. They are the shoes I wear in my yard, etc. They may not be pretty but they are good for that. I looked at the price of Toms and it is a ridiculous price if they are made as cheaply as the shoes I have. Perhaps they are better quality? I don't know but I doubt I'll ever pay to find out. I do know that they send a pair of shoes to 3rd World Country which is nice but this broke gal still thinks it's too much for a pair of shoes. Re: Uggs, I have never tried a pair. They do look warm but I would probably get hot if I wore them.
Dance2 looks fun. I'd probably die if I tried it. I'm glad that video games are becoming active and more for everyone, not just one select group of people.
Congrats to Hanna for passing the test!
Hey Shea, I like the idea of a week away in the winter..it is so cold here also and very depressing and I wonder why we don't live in Florida or Hawaii when winter is here....haha.. JUST DANCE 2 is Awesome..we got it for christmas and we love it.. I believe my daughter might put something up of Neil's sister and I boogying it out...hahah.. but it is great and a very good workout.... Also congrats on the smart kids....;-) Very nice!!!... Take Care and enjoy what sun you see!!! Carrie
Shea....You are too funny. Love the great advice on how to raise a "Nerd".
Love the running icon on the side declaring you a Couch potato.
Just Dance looks fun! Might have to buy that for my girls.
Grandma had a very similar pair of peach colored shoes that she probably bought at zellers that she wore around the house...need I say more?
Chelle
I HATE Toms. Sickest. shoes. ever. I, too am reminded of Gram's pinky colored ones, but the new ones are nastier. Could it be so? Good luck in shoe searching. Send me an umbrella for my drink from your warm winter destination.(Without any form of Hepatitis, thanks)
Jealous of your amazing destination...Taylor doesn't like the shoes either, I am undecided on them...love the Uggs I have a knock off brand and I'm sure yours are much more comfy than mine, even though I like them...Hanna and Grace are excellent dancers...and I still think it's neat that Hanna passed the test, I'll have to get advice from you so I can turn Remi into a smarty like her:)
Beth said it looks like Hanna is wearing makeup. That game looks fun and that vacation destination is definitely something to keep you going.
Becky
I have to buy Just Dance! That looks awesome and we did just get a wii so perfect.
Congrats to Hanna!! (and you guys on a parenting job well done)
We are feeling the winter blahs here too...the sun does help but the cold is not fun.
I am thinking that resort looks amazingly amazing. It is nice to having something fun on the calendar to get through those Winter yuck days, for sure.
Landon is also an advanced student. It must have been our super organized, awesome pre-school activities. LOL.
The girls playing Just Dance are adorable, as always.
Chin up--you are going to have a great time! Congrats to the girls on the awesomest game and being "advanced." I think you played a major part there!!
Post a Comment