Random Photos
I had my first flat and almost fall. I was taking a drink when I hit a huge rock with my front tire. I totally spazed out, almost fell but was able to correct before I bit it. I remember thinking, "this is really going to hurt." The rock gave me a flat and Ryan had to come rescue me. I'm glad for cell phones.

Ryan came and talked to the first grade again this year. Last year when he came the weather was really bad. He one upped it this year by coming on the day of our first snow. It was only a few minutes of flurries, but still not great when the kids want to go outside and see the patrol car.

Rainbow school! There was a double rainbow last Saturday that I was obsessing about while Ryan and I were driving home from SLC. I made him stop by our school and take this photo. I read on yahoo news this week that they had spotted a quadruple rainbow in the U.S. Apparently they are very rare, like unicorns.

Craftastic! I made these for my students when they came to parent teacher conferences. It was a comedy of errors but I got them finished in time. Yes, I realize it's a pencil and the card says something about reading. Shut it!

Hanna's school had a "Blast From the Past" day. I decided it would be cool if she dressed like me in the early 90's. I got out the cherry docs and pretty much forced her to wear them. She wasn't feeling it at all. I told her she would be super cool. Guess what? I was wrong. She told me that one kid called her, "a freak" and another asked her, "are you a vampire?" I asked her what most kids wore and she told me that most kids didn't wear anything or they wore a tie-dyed t-shirt. Oops. I think she has recovered socially.

I'm an activist!
My gym doesn't offer many night weight lifting classes. There are like a zillion Zumba classes but homie don't play that game. I'll dance spasticly (not a word) in the privacy of my own home, thank you very much. In the summer I'm able to attend the 9:30 am weight classes but obviously can't do that when I work. I put a comment in the gym's comment box about this in August but nothing happened. So last week I asked my Saturday morning class-mates to please write comments on behalf of the women who work during the day. Well, because of my amazing Norma Rae like rallying, there is now another weeknight weight class!*
Random Story
I thought of this story the other day and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share. We had this crazy old lady neighbor in Magrath. She would build a huge bonfire in her backyard then get really drunk every month when her government check came. She would yell obscenities at anyone who would walk by and was just a joy to be around. I was terrified of her as a child but now see how entertaining she probably was. One day she was outside leaning on her fence when one of the neighborhood stray cats walked by. Our other neighbors had been feeding the cat and had named it something like, "Midnight". She said to the cat, "What's a good catholic cat like you doing hanging out with all these mormons?" From then on, the cat was called John Paul by everyone. I wonder how she knew it was a catholic?
Speaking of cats, Lucy leaves her animals in my shoes now and then. I don't know what message she is trying to give me but I hope it's not, "you're next!"

Just funny.

*I have no proof that this is because of me.
7 comments:
Poor Hannah, at least she will have a funny story to tell her friends when a few years pass. Sound like school is busy but I'm sure you are doing better then you think.
I have nothing interesting to say but wanted you to know I read your post! :)
I probably should have done something about that stuffed animal orgy happening on top of your desk during my presentation. At least you didn't post the picture of me tazing the first grader.
Nice job on getting a weeknight weight class! Power to the people!
I actually did Zumba this summer, which was really odd since I am definitely a spastic dancer.
(P.S. I actually DID get Logan's school pictures *free* from Lifetouch, which means I got a total of three picture packages from them. Sweet!)
I love weight lifting classes. I can actually survive them better than spinning classes. After spinning classes I'm just exhausted.
Glad you survived the flat tire/almost bike accident. You've got to quit texting while biking. Those kids look like they are really listening to Ryan. Nice rainbow picture and the owl pencils are adorable. Hannah looks awesome. Those kids at her school don't know diddly.
I do remember that black cat but wasn't sure why Paul C. called it John Paul. I noticed the cute puppets hanging out on your desk. Did the kids like them?
Mom
Post a Comment