I have been seriously neglecting the blog lately. I find it so much easier to upload photos/thoughts to Facebook. I'm turning 38 on Thursday and it's getting me a little down. A friend of mine who also turned 38 this week said to me, "Remember when we thought 25 was old?" That made me cry a bit inside. I am grateful that I'm in good health for being so old. I was at the gym last night for circuit class and as I was jumping rope I thought, "I wonder how much longer I can keep doing this?" Then I looked next to me at the much older woman who was working out next to me and it gave me hope.
I have to put a plug in for my new favorite show. No, it's not another Real Housewives, those are just a guilty pleasure. It's Downton Abbey on PBS. I watched the entire first season on Netflix last weekend and was hooked. The second season premiered on PBS last Sunday. Becky shared this clip on FB that was very similar to how I felt about Downton last weekend.
6 comments:
38 will be a good year - embrace it! I relish in the fact that I can still say "I'm in my 30's". I suggest you find lots of opportunties to use that phrase in the next 2 years. That clip was super funny. I need to check out that Downtown Abbey show now that it has your stamp of approval.
Oh no! Didn't mean to make you cry inside!
You are always so trendy and cool that no matter how old you are you make the rest of your peers look older and more drab, seriously...
If it makes you feel better -- you are still younger than me. :)
I want to see Downton Abbey too. It looks really good! My new favorite show is Once Upon a Time.
I can't click on the video, I must live where it's not permitted.
Please don't feel bad about turning 38. My husband died 2 days before his 38th birthday, and everyone says how young he was, so you're still young too.
My Education class had a 'reunion' last night and I discovered that most of my class hadn't been born when I graduated high school - so that gave me something to think about. But we still had a fun time. Just cause your old doesn't mean the fun has to stop. Well, you know my thoughts on Downton.
38 is a great age to be! BEst wishes from Becky
Post a Comment