My mom was here this weekend for a short visit but any visit is welcome. My mom and I like to shop together and I used to feel kind of bad that it was the thing we like to do most. Now I just think it's great that we have things we like to do together because some mothers and daughters don't even have that. The whole family took a trip to Park City for some fine day of outlet shopping. I have a problem with cardigans. I think you can never have enough and no two are alike. I have two drawers stuffed full of cardigans and I wear them almost daily. I like to think that cardigans never go out of style but I might be very, very wrong. When I go shopping, I inevitably see a cardigan that I think I need to buy. It needs to stop. With the help of Ryan, I'm trying to stop the addiction. When we were at the outlet malls I saw a really great cardigan at Banana Republic but Ryan told me I need to go cold turkey, so I resisted. Wait, what am I wearing in the picture below? A new cardigan? Thanks Mom!
Kids like me!
My mom came today and taught my class for me. I did do some of the work but she did a lot of drama and music with the kids. It made me wish she lived nearby so she could come once a week and teach the kids more. I bought her secret drama book and have been trying it out on my class. They seem to really like it. My mom snapped a photo of me reading a book about the Olympic mascots to some of my class. We have been talking about the Olympics and I'm trying to get the kids excited about them.
A student brought me flowers for Valentine's day! The parent helpers asked me if it was my husband and I laughed. Coincidentally (and if you know Ryan, ironically) Ryan had bought me flowers and they were there when I got home.
Too many pictures of the cat
Lucy discovered Kelly and she has been obsessed ever since.
10 comments:
It's great to have a little retail therapy with those we love! :) I think I'm addicted to sweaters in general...
hahaha I love the kitty/fish photos. lol that is too funny.
I don't like to wear pullover sweaters, because I get hot very easily, and that's why cardigans and hoodies are perfect. easy to take on and off. Glad you had fun with your mom.
I have a similar weakness. It's not just for cardigans, but light jackets in general. I thin it started because I'm always cold and I just like having the extra layer on. I don't think you need to quit, everything is good in moderation. LOL :)
The cardigan is very cute but I LOVE that blouse. So nice that your mom came in to teach with you. Moms are great for that. :)
Lor I got the blouse at the Banana Republic outlet also and it was only like $12. They had a pink one also which I wish I would have bought.
Nice cardigan! Your excess in cardigans makes up for my lack of them!
Aren't you worried that the cat is going to knock the fish tank off the shelf?
Hi Shea, Thanks for the fun long weekend. The shopping and the spa treatment from Hanna and Grace made up for the long drive. I really enjoyed seeing my daughter teach. You have a good rapport with your class and they know what is expected of them. They are great readers and writers. I was really impressed.
Mom
I like seeing Miss Shea in action teaching away. You look so grown up.
Whoa is me!!!!
Every time Calee goes to visit Shea, I know that it is going to cost me big time.
After they go shopping I know that I am going to have to live on Kraft Dinner and Ichi-Ban soup for the next month...The worst part is that I can't afford a ticket to hear and see Sarah Palin when she is in Calgary!!!!
That is part of the curse of being married to the prettiest girl in the world, the high cost of upkeep.
Well Shea, your mother is now home and we have had a fashion show of all the clothes she bought for herself. I have had to listen to her brag about what a great teacher you are, and what a great class you have.
She also mentioned what a great time she had at Karrens
Love dad
I don't even own a Cardigan! And I think you have such a great job!
And how neat to have such a good relationship with your mom.
Post a Comment