I've been having some problems with my new endocrinologist's office. They called me about 2 weeks after my initial appointment, told me my vitamin D was low and that they'd be calling in a prescription for me. The prescription never showed up so I called and left a message but never heard back. Since it was vitamin D and not Xanax, I kind of forgot about it. I had to get my second round of thyroid blood test the third week in January. I have yet to hear from the office concerning results. I called again about the vitamin D a couple of weeks ago, never heard back, then called this week about my blood test results. That's right, I haven't heard back. I used to think my family doctor's office was slow but they would at least call me back within a couple of days. I've been super tired lately and I'm worried my hypo symptoms are coming back in full force. I'm not one of those needy patients who calls all the time but a simple blood test does not take 3 weeks. Oh, and since
you were the ones who prescribed
me the damn vitamin D I don't like that I have to pester you to call it in! I have a follow up appointment in March and while I considered cancelling it, I've decided instead to go, let them tell me about my test results and then I'll inform them that I'll be taking my medical records and going elsewhere. Plus I didn't like how the doctor initially talked down to me with his hunting analogy. Saying that, "since I'm a woman, it was probably not a good analogy." I'd like to think that me taking my business elsewhere is going to affect them even slightly but I know it won't. Funny thing is, last week I called the Utah County offices of No More Homeless Pets, to set up a spaying appointment for Lucy. They weren't even open that day but within 3 hours they had called me back to book her surgery. While I was grateful they were so prompt, it is sad to think that taking away my cat's ability to have kittens is more important than my general health. I think I'm going to start seeing a vet.
Child #2 turns 9We celebrated Grace's birthday this week with a family dinner on Friday and a swimming party on Saturday. I'm over having parties at our house. It's stressful in many ways so I'm excited we live in a city that has some options. It was nice because the girls swam in the pool downstairs while I ran on the treadmill upstairs. I love that they are old enough to be a bit independent of me. Still, it's sad that Grace is getting so old but I'm glad that she still wants to be my baby. When I was pregnant with her I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to love another child as much as I loved Hanna. As any parent knows, the minute I saw her I knew I had enough love for both. Maybe some days I loved Grace even more because she slept through the night before her big sister.
One year old Gracie. How could you not love this?!

Nine year old Gracie. Still cute even with her jack-o-lantern teeth.
Takin' care of businessIf you come here to read and notice your blog is no longer listed, I'm sorry. My OCD finally kicked in and I got rid of those who weren't updated in the last 6 months. I bookmarked them all and will check on them now and then. If you start to blog again, I'll promptly put your link back. I also don't put private blogs I read on because no one else can read them. I want you all to notice that I added the blog of my coworker Brooke because she was all up in my business about it at lunch, "Why am I not on your blog roll? Whine, whine." ;)
Now, will you please direct your eyes to my Nike mini on the right. You'll notice I've hit 500 miles with my running in about 13 months. I could run to Kaycee, WY which, coincidentally, Ryan's cousin is named after, but I won't.
11 comments:
Yes you definitely need a new Doc. and both of my girls have worn that cute little dress that was Grace's It' on of my favorites, Ella will wear it again this summer too.
500 miles in 13 months is impressive! I've run about 10 miles in the same time period, so I'd only get from your house to say, Highland :-)
Noelle remember when you and Becky would go run and I'd stay home eating Kraft Dinner?!LOL! I didn't think I could run so it's cool to know I can.
thanks so much. I feel much better about our friendship now!!!!
OMG Shea Grace was a baby out of a magazine. What a doll! And she's still gorgeous btw! I'm LOL at you seeing a vet. That really sucks that your doctor is so inefficient though. I'm confused as to why you need a prescription for Vit D though. I just buy mine at a health store... Could I ship some out to you?
OMG Shea Grace was a baby out of a magazine. What a doll! And she's still gorgeous btw! I'm LOL at you seeing a vet. That really sucks that your doctor is so inefficient though. I'm confused as to why you need a prescription for Vit D though. I just buy mine at a health store... Could I ship some out to you?
Lor he said he wanted me on prescription strength for 21 days and then get it from the health food store.
Well, I am feeling the pressure to update my blog if I want to hold my precious spot on your blog roll. I haven't even thought about my blog in a few months. I guess that is because I need a new computer in a big way. We just finished our taxes. Maybe we can use some of our refund for that. But it will probably all go to run a sewer line down our street. Doesn't that sound fun. I guess that I don't need a blog. I can just update my personal life right here in your comment section. LOL. Miss you! It is hard to believe that little Grace is 9 years old!!
I am so sick of the medical world (isn't that ironic?!) and doctors in particular. Ugh. I thought they were supposed to CARE, but they apparently do not.
I hope you get your medical issues straightened out. Lord knows I know what it's like to have unresolved issues thanks to doctor office inability to do their jobs.
Happy Birthday, Grace!
Good for you for running 500 miles. I couldn't even run across my yard.
Can't believe your doctor's office! Remind me not to go there for anything. I love your reference to Brooke:) You know you made her happy!
I hate when people don't return my phone calls. Definetely ditch the doctor. I'm sure there are other endocrinologists in the area.
Post a Comment