I haven't been exercising much either because of the aforementioned resolution crowd and the fact that I've worked late every night this week. I did finally run 10 miles a couple of weekends ago. I felt pretty good about it since when I was younger, I hated to run (so I didn't) and it always felt like my lungs would explode. That I can run 10 miles now, at 36, makes me feel cool. No one was that impressed though. I needed more validation. Maybe people think because I exercise on a regular basis, that running 10 miles is easy for me but it's not. I was hurting pretty bad by mile 8. Also that's, over an hour and a half of running which is pretty freakin' boring. Whatevs, I'm just going to feel good about my ol' 36 year old body making it that far. I'm hoping to run a 1/2 marathon sometime this year. As a reward for running 10, I bought myself a heart rate monitor. We'll see how I like it. Now at cycle class I can look even cooler when I have my shoes and heart rate monitor. I am curious to see how hard I'm really working and if I can push myself harder.
Hanna had to enter the science fair this year for school. She and Ryan came up with a fingerprinting experiment. They work together really well and Ryan is good about letting Hanna do most things, while I'd be doing it all myself. The end result was great but she didn't go on to the regional science fair. I'm biased but I thought her idea was original. Who wants to see another experiment on magnets or laundry detergent?
I like our cat Lucy. She is a perfect blend of kitteness and cuddliness. I told Ryan I should make a sling for Hanna and Grace to carry her around in. The cat is going to lose the use of it's leg muscles soon. I just wish she didn't have claws. Seems like evolution should have taken care of that by now. A house cat that doesn't develop claws. I know you can de-claw cats but it sounds kind of hurty. Soon Lucy will lose the ability to have her own children. She's kind of a spaz so I think it's for the best. I like this picture of Lucy trying to steal breath/sleeping with Grace.
15 comments:
I'd also thought Hanna's project was fairly original and cool. Please to compare with the two visible project titles behind Hanna's; "Gravity and its effects on falling objects", and "Which snowmobile is fastest?"
-Ryan (possibly bias)
Gravity is so dumb. ;)
Well I personally think it's a great accomplishment that you ran 10 miles at 36...I'm 29 and can't say I've ever done it! lol
Omg Shea 10 miles is crazy. I workout all the time and like to think I'm in decent to good shape but I only run once a year and it's not an easy 5 km. Running is not easy. I'm so impressed!!
Hanna's project looked great! Nice job to her and Ryan. :)
Thanks for the validation. :) Lor what do you do to work out? You have a trainer right?
Sounds like life has been crazy. I'm not looking forward to all the projects as the kids get older I just hope I'm done with school by the time they get to that point. Oh and by the way you are almost 40!!:) At least you still have your youthful looks(totally true) and of course that sweet, sweet spirit of yours.
How is a snowmobile scientific?
Way to go Hanna! Very original project, you should be proud of yourself.
I knew you'd like that cat! hehehe
You are not old, silly girl!! Running 10 miles feels good--don't it? (I get my runners high around mile 7).
HEY I am TOTALLY impressed with running 10 miles (all at one time! LOL!). I could never run as a child either so when I ran my half marathon I was so proud of myself. Of course I had the biggest case of runner's let down in all of history and haven't run a single day since (that was at least 5 years ago). Sad and pathetic! But this is supposed to be about you! And you're awesome!!!! I think Hanna's project is very cool and was also surprised by the one in the background about which snowmobile is the fastest. Not so scientific kid!
Kristin! I finally felt my first runner's high while running the 10. I felt it around 8 and I was very happy to finally experience that.
It looks like Hanna and Ryan had done a lot of work on her project. I think it was a great topic. I can hardly imagine running 10 miles. You are amazing. I can't wait to play with little Lucy and see the girls.
mom
Running 10 miles is something to shout about! Sure beats my just thinking about running. Do you always run on the tread mill or do you venture outside?
Great science project. Good for Hanna! (And Ryan for not taking over - I'm afraid that'll be me.)
Ya I have a trainer that I work out with twice a week. I do the other 3 days on my own. My workouts switch every 6-8 weeks though. This round I'm doing 4 days of weights 1 day of cardio. Before my trainer I did 5 days of cardio though.
Running is cool. Everytime I try to start, I get sick, and then I don't do it anymore. So I think I'll stick with biking.
I think you are amazing to be able to run 10 miles! My goal once I am over my cold and the weather stays a wee bit o.k. is to run a lap around our park! So 10 miles is huge!
{{{Hugs}} for Evie's due date.
I love her name.
And you are just a wee bit older than me.
Post a Comment