View from our room. I used to walk by these rooms and want to be those people. This time I was! We could see the fireworks, Space Mountain and the Matterhorn from our room. It was fun to see all the people and going ons of Downtown Disney. Since we were connected to the park we took more breaks. The pool was fabulous and the girls had a great time swimming while I slept on the lounge chairs.
One of the perks of staying at the Grand Californian, the girls could have a private hair styling at Studio 365. The cornrows were nice and easy for the rest of the trip. The fake hair, while not something I'd normally do, seemed perfect for Disney. They got a lot of compliments from strangers.
Happy kids who finally got to "drive" the Thunder Mountain train. On Tuesday we were riding this during the fireworks. Pretty cool.
I remember as a kid, loving anything that let me pretend I was driving. Our kids love Autopia for this reason. Although I get whiplash from Graces "driving".
I was tempted to crop my head out of this picture. Hanna and Grace look so cute. I look, well, not cute. This is on the balcony of our fantastic room.
Oh Gracie. I can't remember the specific event that brought out this look. The kids were pretty good. Hanna had a surprising episode involving Tower of Terror but Ryan and I used guilt to get her on "It's mommy's favorite ride!" and after one ride she was fine. Grace had a few and usually they were because she was tired or hungry. The first night she fell asleep on Ryan while we waited for our food. He carried her back to our room which wasn't far away but I'm guessing that was the hardest part of the trip for him. Oh, I let Grace wear her souvenir shirt every day. So eat that haters!
Next to Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain is my favorite ride. See how happy I am. If only I could ride a log everywhere!
I liked this picture. Shows how relaxed Ryan is at Disneyland. I'm also digging this hat he bought there after his head was burned. We aren't used to sun in these parts.

This was me after Grace suggested we stand in line for Space Mountain at 9:00 on our last day. We didn't have a fast pass and the wait ended up being 70 minutes. This was really our only long wait. My feet felt like they were on fire and my legs were a painin'! Ryan was kind enough to capture the moment without my knowledge.
I thought this was a pretty good "Happy family at Disneyland" picture that some nice people in our raft took for us. No one is sad because their feet hurt (me) or they didn't get what they wanted to eat (me also. no fried PB&J kid's meals!?!).
7 comments:
Fun, fun! Tower of Terror is your favorite ride? I've ridden it once and that was enough. As I've gotten older I'm not into the wilder rides anymore. Oh, the price of growing old. :)
Looks like an amazing trip! Fun pictures. You guys could be in the Disney Brochures (minus the two grumpy pics - LOL). Glad that you had a great time!!
-Kristin
I can't ride the tea-cups anymore Susan. This time on the big roller coaster in California Adventures I got a little nauseous. For me it's the things that go in circles.
What fun! Their hair turned out cute!!
I too, have always wanted to stay at the Grand Californian. I'm so glad you got to! What a fun trip and great pictures!
Autopia is always a big hit with our little kids-- I hear ya on the whiplash!
Crud, I'm trying to gear up for work tomorrow, too.
The girls hair looked adorable!! I love the tower of Terror myself too. I tricked Ty into going on it a couple years ago...poor kid was 4 years old. lol! He has since recovered. The family picture at the end is a great one. So glad to hear you guys had such a nice trip.
Looks like you had a great time. The girls' hair is super cute. I love Splash Mountain, but do not love Tower of Terror. I chickened out of that one and waited at the bottom! Good for you guys for doing it. Glad you had such a fun time.
JenH
Post a Comment