I'm no Lindsay Vonn. More like Lucille Ball
Tuesday I took a personal day and Kristin and I went on our long planned, long postponed due to Kristin having babies, ski trip. Kristin hadn't been in 12 and I hadn't been in a year. Mark Jones scored us discounted tickets to Deer Valley and we met him in Park City at the Stein to pick them up. I put them in my pocket and zipped my pocket up. Kristin says she saw it but when we got all our gear on at the lodge, the tickets were no where to be found. We retraced our steps, asked lost and found but finally called Mark crying because I just lost $120 worth of tickets. Mark was great and was able to get us new tickets for no cost. I think the crying was the key, and it was genuine or maybe he is used to crying and just wanted me off his back. Amanda? The skiing was great and Kristin and I were great skiing partners. I think if her boots hadn't been giving her blisters she would have been better than me since she skied more when she was younger. We both only wiped out once. By the end of the day our legs were so tired we couldn't go down another run. In fact the last run we went on, I had to stop halfway down and rest. I told Kristin I was ready to say, "Leave me Kristin and save yourself. I'll get down somehow." I did manage to make it down but we were both done after that. We are planning on making this a yearly thing and involving our children.
Pictures!
Hanna's long hair. For some reason I was super attached to this. She can grow some mean hair.

"Sisters, identical sisters" We went to The Rack right after the cuts and Grace was all worked up because the clerk asked if they were twins. When he could tell that upset Grace he back peddled and said, "Oh I can see they have different personalities." I wanted to say, "Yeah, the one with her arms folded across her chest glaring at you. She's the one I dread becoming a teenager."

The face of an angel, the temper of Lucifer himself.

We bought hair accessories at J.Crew. I wanted to say J.Crew so I look cool. Not as cool as Anthro but I'm not paying $25 for a cloth flower made in Pakistan.

This picture was making me laugh for a few reasons. I'm at REI buying my North Face vest I've wanted for a few years now and was taking a picture to show Ryan in the car. He was sitting in there because Grace was mad she didn't find anything to buy at Claire's and wouldn't go into the store. Check out Hanna's personal style. She's fun.

Hey haters! If I'm so vain, how come I put this most horrible picture of myself up? Can you say, "Michelin Man". I love Kristin's snow bunny pose. We learned the importance of goggles on this ski trip. We both just happened to bring them and they really helped with the wind in the face. Mine were the pair my parents bought me when I was on the school cross-country team in Jr. High. That's what cool kids did at your school right? They played trumpet in marching band and were on the cross-country ski team. Good.

Deer Valley is amazing. Look at this view.
12 comments:
HI Pook!
Speaking of Trumpet, I happened to be looking at it the other day and was wondering when one of your girls was going to show an interest in it?
I am a little sad today as I Missed a chance to go see Ann Coulter in Calgary as her tickets sold out before I got a chance to buy some,
You don't look any older than you did 20 years ago.( not any taller either)
Love dad........
Dad I know you really don't want to see Ann Coulter but you just say it to bug me.
Hey, Shea's Dad, I keep hearing about Ann Coulter and even saw her on the news, but I still have no clue who she is.
Good for you taking a personal day. I wouldn't go skiing though, I'm too much of a wimp. When I was in grade 6 we did cross country ski across the school yard and there was a little bump and I fell. Everyone went around me and no one offered to help me up, not even the gym teacher. My legs were crossed and I couldn't reach the little thingy well enough to give it much pressure to unlock it so I could get up. I think all the other kids were back at the school by the time I got up and then when I came back I got in trouble for dwaddling. Needless to say I never skied after that (and my refusal to ski caused me to fail grade 11 gym. Yeah. *sigh*)
I'm so jealous of your day off. Even though I wouldn't take my big baby belly skiing, I'd still like a day off...maybe I should just take one:) The girls hair is adorable! That's funny that Grace got mad about being called twins. I seem to remember my little sis Heather (18months younger) getting mad about that, too. Good luck with a teenage Grace:)
What a fun ski trip! I love the girls' new do's--my oldest will be receiving a chop some time this weekend. SHE is the one hating the long hair and I'm the one pleading with her to let it grow. Oh well....
The ski trip looks like fun. Hooray for googles - I love how much easier is to throw glamour to the wind when it's poking you in the eyes.
The girls' hair looks fab, too!
THose goggles look like they came from a hot tub time machine. Glad you had a a great time skiing. I am looking forward to seeing your girls this summer and so is BEth.
Becky
Haha! I think they were both from the 80's.
The girls haircuts look fantastic. Love them! We keep meaning to go skiing every year and never do... maybe next year. Deer Valley looks beautiful.
Right now I'm the one growing the long hair. It's now several inches past my shoulder. The girls both got haircuts from their auntie so their hair isn't as long. Taking a personal day sounds great. One of these days I'll get one . . .
I guess I have the longest hair in the family now Susan. I think it's the first time. Seeing the girls get theirs cut makes me want to cut mine. We'll see how long I last. You'll get a personal day when Robin's in school full-time.
Cool kids at my High School sang Soprano in the school choir and were in the Spanish Club. Seriously!
I love the photos :) And your little girls look adorable with their haricuts, And I can see why you were attached to her gorgeous hair.
Post a Comment