Me: Why?
Hanna: I'm sweating a lot!
Me: I don't think you need to change your shirt. It's just sweat.
Hanna: I'm sweating more that I ever have before! Do you think it's puberty?
Doesn't she wish. My mom and I had a good laugh about that one. Whatevs. I'll buy the kid some deodorant and that will make her happy. She doesn't need it. She still just smells like kid, not stinky B.O. kid. I bought her a "bra" a few weeks ago because it finally occurred to me that grade 6 was when I started to wear one. I don't think I needed one until I gained my freshman 15 at BYU but that's the kind of dumb thing girls do. I asked her if she would like one and she was all over that. Apparently "all" her friends have them and she was feeling a bit left out. Luckily they sell "bras" for the flat-chested gal that are pretty cute. We picked out a couple at Target and while I told her she didn't have to wear it, she does quite often. I'm sure the novelty will wear off. This whole pre-pubescent thing really took me by surprise. It might have helped if Hanna didn't look have the body of a seven year old. This is the first year I'm feeling like the kids can have a bit more freedom around town. Today I'm dropping them off at the pool by themselves. I wonder if they will spend the majority of the time in the changing room showers trying to get warm like I used to do? I haven't taken many pictures to upload mainly because my phone doesn't work here and that's my easy way to take pictures. My brother took one with his iPhone of the cousins doing what they like to do, eating Grandma's treats. I'm posting a video of two things I really like, watermelon and kittens.
7 comments:
Glad you're having fun! That is funny about Hanna:) Guess what I went to the school yesterday to do some organizing and there was a mouse in my classroom!!! The Summer Stars teacher left the coatroom door open (after Tom specifically told her NOT to) the whole month and lucky me I got the curious creature in my room. Damn the mice!!
Stupid mice! Now you've made me feel anxious because you have been back and I haven't. I have bulletin boards that need to be recovered, desks set up, room put back togehter etc. UGH! Just thinking about what needs to be done makes me nauseous.
lol at the kitten.
I'm glad you're having fun!
Sorry to make you feel anxious...don't worry you still have time:) Brooke was there too and she was a little overwhelmed. I told her we get that way EVERY summer and we always seem to get things done before school starts with time to spare. When do you get back in town?
Oh mosquitos...I feel your pain!!! Sounds like everyone is having a good time regardless of those pesky bugs.
Oh, I hate mosquitos even though they don't bother me as much as they do my mother. She's also a mosquito magnet. Annalise is also wearing a training bra. I ended up buying them because many of her t-shirts are so thin that I wanted to make sure she was covered.
I am excited to be getting my training bra soon! I can't believe I have missed so many blogs. I have been at school a lot doing what I do best-wasting time. Ok I did organize my files and filed or chucked all the papers I had in a tray from last year. I am excited to see everyone again!
Post a Comment