The quintessential Waterton photo but what's special about this one is that there is no wind. I think it's because I've been living right. This reminds me of a fun Magrath story. One of my old teachers/church leaders stopped me in church and while we were conversing she asked me if I knew so-and-so. I said I didn't but that she was most likely younger than me. She replied, "Oh no, she can't be younger than you. She already has five kids." Well sister, she is five years younger than me. I guess I'll stay young forever because I only have two kids.
Beth was at our house for a week before we left and then they spent two more weeks together in Canada. I think there were only a couple of disagreements. These girls are fun.
Becky, the girls and I took a nice hike up to Crandell Lake. The lake was beautiful and even more lovely because of the no wind day that I created due to my good living. Grace declared that it had too many bugs. I think you would call her "a city girl."
My grandma had a crokinole board under the bed in the pink bedroom. We took it out all the time and "played". Did anyone know the rules? Hell no! Monti and Becky bought my mom her own board for Christmas one year and we actually played it the correct way this visit.
Don't mess with us when we're playing. I will talk some trash here and say that Becky and I kick crokinole ass.
Yay! Driving to Calgary/Banff. Let the wild times begin! Monti is still mad because I beat him at crokinole.
We stopped at Lake Louise first. This is where Ryan and I spent most of our honeymoon 16 years ago. I wish I could have captured the color of the water. The glaciers/light do something to it that makes it very turqoise.
I thought this picture looked a lot like one Ryan took of me on our honeymoon.
We obviously had different weather in April.

This made me a bit scared when we were driving in Banff. I kept thinking about the people who first saw this area and that is must have blown their minds. "What does it mean?!"
Columbia Ice Fields. Proof that global warming exists and it's sad. I had this idea that we would park and walk onto the glacier but only if it were 1849. We are standing where it was in 2000 and we still had a bit of a walk.
Toly/Van Fleets at the Banff Springs Hotel. Monti captioned this "Nature-1, Humanity-0" but I don't think we look too bad for being so old.
Monti and I wanted to take a tour of the small farm and town we grew up in since it was on the way home. Everything seemed so much smaller except for the trees. This is the farm we lived on. Monti and I learned to entertain ourselves with old farm machinery and star wars action figures. We also learned that snakes coming out of your kitchen sink drain were no fun.
Making ice cream just like the pioneers did.
Hanna went to the Lethbride Airshow with Ryan. The day before, a jet had crashed but luckily the pilot bailed out soon enough.
Good-bye Canada. Thanks for the good times, dill pickle chips, Earl's salads, mosquito bites and slurpees with soft ice cream.
13 comments:
Fabulous post - double rainbow all the way across the sky!!!!!!!!
Some seriously fun times - making memories!
BEcky
Grandma says....... I love having the grandkids around. We can bake, sew and just have lots of fun together. The house is very quiet now. Thanks for coming. Mom
Banff looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pix.
What a fantastic vacation Shea! You guys are so lucky to have so many days off together. Looks like you made the most of it. :) I have to get out to the west side of Canada one of these days. It looks gorgeous!
Glad you had a good time. Snakes through the drain -- definitely no fun! Sounds like a nightmare.
We need to get to eastern Canada Lori. That's one of our trips we have in mind.
What a blast! Please do elaborate on the snakes coming out of the sink...did that happen very often??!
I'm glad that you guys had a great time, but glad that you're back too, so I can see you before we leave. (It's always about me).I want to hear more about Crokinole. I'll have to google it. Your pictures are beautiful. I hear ya about the hard to come home after vacation blues. I am already feeling sad that ours is about over. Can't wait to see you!!
I'm bummed that you were in the wrong province...
(or was I??)
Glad you had a great vacation!
Gorgeous pictures of what looks like a fantastic vacation! I was at Lake Louise about 8 years ago and loved it.
What a great vacation! When I was little we lived in Washington state and would camp in B.C. during the summer.
Such beautiful pictures!
The worst thing about coming home from vacation is listening to voice mail and picking up the mail. Ugh. Real life catches up so fast.
And now I'm starting to panic about getting into my classroom more often!!
it looks so gorgeous there. Ed has been talking for weeks about how he wants to move to Canada, Vancouver especially.
There are rules in crokinole?
Post a Comment