When Ryan graduated from University of Wyoming in 1996, we decided to move back to Utah so I could finish my education. He sent out resumes to a few companies in Utah and got a couple of interviews. He wanted a haircut before he went and since we were so poor we were eating bread and peas regularly for supper, he asked me to cut his hair. He had been doing it himself so I don't know what led up to me being asked to do it. Why we didn't take some of the extra money we had and get him a haircut at Supercuts, I'll never know. The whole situation seems doomed from the beginning now that I think about it. Maybe Ryan has a different slant on the story? I started to cut his hair with the clippers and almost immediately lost control, making a fine bald spot on the side of his head. I started to cry and ask, "Why did you make me do this?" So yeah, Ryan finished cutting the rest of his hair and I felt horrible about him going to interviews with a bald spot. I told him I would never cut his hair again and I never have. He did a pretty good job of cutting it himself for years, mainly because he hates getting his hair cut. Like how some people hate getting bit by monkeys, Ryan hates getting his hair cut. He's almost never happy with it and I have to admit, he's had some bad haircuts. This seems strange to me since he's always had pretty short hair. How hard is it? I finally convinced him to go to my stylist last year. I told him, "Wouldn't you rather pay twice as much as a stupid chain place and actually be happy with your cut?" What? I was right? Imagine that. Chad cuts his hair now and Ryan is always happy. This Saturday Ryan and the girls all had haircuts at Chad's salon. The girls go to a junior stylist whom I really like and is really good with kids. She talks to Hanna and Grace like they are teenagers and they eat that up. Hanna is going into grade six and because she thinks she is all that/queen of the school, she wanted to get a "style" with "layers". I have a thing about kids who get adult haircuts but can't style them, or can't get help styling them because their mom is a bad, bad working mom, so they just end up looking like crap. I convinced her to just get bangs and keep the rest pretty much the same. Amanda curled it for her after and Hanna was in LOVE with the end result. She kept looking in the mirror and doing little poses. I'm glad that it's helping her feel good about going back to school. I think she's a little anxious about it. Grace got a cute bob, that will be easy to take care of. I'm hoping that someday Grace will have the desire to grow her hair out again and take care of it. She has the most lovely head of hair that would make angels weep and double rainbows pale in comparison (for you Becky) but since she seems to be allergic to the brush, it tends to look like a rat's nest.

9 comments:
I always say that a good haircut is worth any price... except when it once cost Kevin $65.
The girls' haircuts look fabulous and Ryan looks like a million bucks, too!
(Enjoy your remaining weeks of summer!)
The girls look so grown up Shea- love the haircuts! And hey, I have no excuse not to style Vanessa's hair everyday except that I just don't know how...I can barely do my own hair most days.
Love it! Someday I might have to give the amazing Chad a try.
everyone looks good! :) I rarely cut my hair, since I had a really bad experience with short hair when I was 9.
I have a similar hair cuttin story- I will recite it now. Dustin was going out to shadow a dentist and wanted his hair cut, so he wouldn't look like a hippy. I didn't have time so, since we were at his parents' house, and his mom can cut hair, she offered to do it. Well, she asked me how I usually do it, and promptly ignored it and took the clippers to him. He looked like he belonged in one of those teenage angst-type shows. He was pissed, and she was so embarassed because she "wasn't thinking about what she was doing". I think that is a time that you should be thinking about nothing else.
Anyway, all haircuts look fantastic! I'm glad Ryan found his soul mate for hair cuts.
Gorgeous cuts on your girls!
The girls look so cute as usual.
How fun! I love that my boys just want a buzz! I actually wish I could get one too!
Love the haircuts, ladies! (Ryan's is nice too) Hannah is looking very mature lately!! Good luck with the start of school everyone.
From one of the bad, bad working moms who can't style hair even if she didn't work! :)
Post a Comment