Friday, April 20, 2007

Moab Was Fun


Arches National Park is pretty spectacular. The day we hiked it was really windy and at times the gusts were scary especially when you are standing on the edge of a cliff. We hiked to Delicate Arch and Landscape Arch. The hike to Delicate Arch was a bit strenuous and I'm thinking if you were doing this hike in the dead of summer you would be really unhappy at times. We got to the top and a couple of hikers coming down warned us about the wind. It had been windy all day but nothing that I thought we needed to be warned about. Well I was wrong! It was VERY windy and the girls and I ended up not even walking down to Delicate Arch because I had visions of them flying off the egde of a cliff. It was a good time though and the hotel we stayed in was very nice. Moab itself is a becoming a little touristy but we did eat at a really good pizza place. We went with Quists which was fun.


Hanna and Grace at Balance Rock



Delicate Arch


Braving the wind for a family picture


The Five Gossips (haha)



If you want to see all the photos Ryan took with his new Canon EOS 20D just leave your email in the comment section.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your photo album and those are the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen! Looks like you guys all had fun and got some sun. You could make some money off of those pictures. They make me wnat to go back down again.

When we were first married Mark took me down there and told me I could easily mountain bike "Slick Rock" which was nine miles. You know me, I don't bike. I ended getting about 1/2 a mile in and got so angry with him because he kept telling me it's not that hard and to take it slow. I got off my bike, threw it down, and started crying. After my tantrum, I walked my bike back to the parking lot and waited two hours for him. I was not one of our better trips. Kinda funny now.

Tyla'sMommy said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit and excellent photo ops! :)

Lori-Ann said...

Shea- what a beautiful trip! I think I would have been nervous about the kids blowing off the edge too. LOL!! I'm always worried the kids are going to get swept off in a wave in the ocean though.
Glad you had a great time!

Nicole said...

Wow, those picture's are great!! I would love to go there some day!