Sunday, February 17, 2008

A new blog

Monti (my brother) and Becky are building a new home by themselves. When I say they are building it I literally mean they are hammering the nails in. Monti teaches full-time so Becky is acting as the General Contractor which, I know for her, has been very stressful and has so far required one doctor's visit. It's exciting and I'm living vicariously through them because they seem to be building their "dream house" instead of a cookie cutter starter home. Anyway the point of this post is that they've started a blog about the building of their House of Toly so that we can all follow along. I'm hoping that we'll be staying in this fabulous custom built home when we visit in July.

5 comments:

Monti said...

I hope you'll be able to stay too. We think we should be able to do it all by the summer.

Thanks for the promo!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea - I gotta say, things are a lot better stresswise since we got the basement poured. And now we have my nephew and a friend working on the framing - so work gets done even if I am not there - it is such a nice feeling. I used to not be able to sleep because of worry, now I can't sleep because I am excited about the progress. If all goes well tomorrow we will have the main floor walls! And as you can see on the blog - I have now made 2 trips to the Dr. regarding the house. I gotta say a nail through the finger doesn't hurt as much as I thought - at least so far.
What's been going on with you? You and your mom partying it up?
Talk to you later
Becky

Anonymous said...

That's cool they can build their own dream house. It would take Mark years to do one for us. He would spend most of his time reading books trying to figure it all out.

Is your Mom in town? Hey, I keep seeing Gary Coleman on TV and the back ground is in Santaquin. The newly weds (lol) look miserable, lol. I Love how the interview was done outside in some obscure parking lot with huge dumpsters behind them as they walked three feet away from each other and looking in the opposite direction. What, are they afraid we'll come and stalk them out if they did the interview in front of their own home up there? Like I said, they looked miserable!!!

Nicole said...

Oooo, you know i'm all over this one Shea!!! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Shea said...

Yes my mom is here until Thursday. I have seen some of those creepy Gary Coleman interviews. Isn't it weird that they just live through the block? I saw him driving around yesterday.