Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh blog, I can't stay away from you

I wasn't going to blog tonight because I'm like, starting a new career tomorrow and it's like, wearing me out and stuff. That's right, one more sleep and I'm officially a grade one teacher. I survived Back to School Night Open House where I was very charming and sweet, whilst acting professional and competent. I'm starting to think I can do this which is something I really need to think the night before I start work. The girls are excited to be starting school and have had their "first day" outfits picked out for weeks. We've had a fun summer and I'm going to do a little photo essay now.
My freshman year BFF Noelle came from France, where she now lives with husband Pierre and cutest baby Noemie, for a wedding and we were able to get together a few times. Noelle and I were roommates our sophomore year with the OG Fascinating Girl, Mindy. Mindy's grandma wrote The Fascinating Girl and she was bat-ass crazy. Mindy, not her grandma who I never met but assume was crazy because she wrote that horrible book.

Freshman year doing what we did best, acting stupid.

Dressed up for something our sophomore year at Wellington #9. Dig our rented TV. I found those Picasso posters when we moved to Beaumont.

Hanging out at General Conference in Salt Lake City.

This is us at BYU 17 years after we met. I don't know why we stood so far apart because I luvs me some Noelle.

Ryan and the girls went on a trip to Wyoming to visit Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Mike without me. Those are the kind of sacrifices I make now that I have a big girl job.

Char bought the girls these adorable pink hats. This is the view out of Char and Mike's front window.

Horse riding is always on the agenda at the ranch. Hanna looks forward to this all year and she is really a good horsewoman. She got compliments from Aunt Cindy who is a real cowgirl.




They ended the holiday with a trip to the Cody Rodeo. I thought this sunset was amazing.

Elvis Costello and the Utah Symphony were at Deer Valley and Mark Jones was kind enough to get us tickets. We had VIP seats and it was a fabulous night. One of the best concerts ever.



Please forgive my horrible singing but you have to do what Elvis asks.

Elvis Costello with the Utah Symphony from Shea Van Fleet on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Ter said...

looks like you all had fun!

good luck on your new job tomorrow!

Monti said...

I was sending you some positive thoughts last night.

You'll do great. It's in our blood.

Susan said...

Good luck Shea! Just show them who's boss. :)

Lori-Ann said...

Love the pictures of your cowgirls. Looks like something off a movie set. Great Elvis clip!! Looks like a great concert!!

SuburbiaMom said...

Ooo, fun! Thanks for sharing and good luck with school!!! You'll be great!