Monday, August 03, 2009

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

I've been taking a break from blogging this week to get some work done at the school. My mom and niece got here on Monday and we were working in my room everyday. I have to thank my mom again for coming and helping me. I wouldn't have been able to do it without her. Having a mom who was a teacher for 30+ years came in very handy. I think I have developed some sort of stapling related injury from all the bulletin boards we put up. I finally went to Wal-Mart and bought my own Swingline stapler. I'm beginning to feel a bit like Milton in Office Space I love my Swingline so much.


"...then they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..."

The room before. Pretty overwhelming.

My mom doing some stapling. She was a trooper.

This is pretty much the finished product. I still have a few more things to put up and arrange but the bulletin boards are finished. I'm lucky in that it's a really big, bright room. There is also a separate coat closet with an door to the outside. I kind of loves my school.




I've been feeling some depression/anxiety again I guess related to going back to work/starting a new career. Plus I'm really going to miss having a couple of days alone at home. I know, wah me. I'm also starting to feel badly about not being able to take the girls to their classrooms on the first day of school or waiting for them at home after school. The other day I had the realization that Ryan will be in charge of their hair in the mornings. I'm not worried about Hanna because she is starting to do her own but Grace would go to school with serious bedhead if she had her way. I have to remind myself that they will be at the school with me and Ryan is quite capable, so I need to just take a seriously big chill pill and get on with it. I also need to keep up my exercising or the depression will creep back in and I really would like to stay off the meds. Utah does not need another teacher on anti-depressants. We are thinking about joining Beaumont's lovely recreation center which will hopefully enable me to take a lot of different exercise classes during the winter. Maybe one will be drunken dancing in an old steel plant. Boo-yah!

I've been loving some products I've recently started using and thought I'd share them here. I wish I was being paid to recommend them. I'm so totally ready and willing to sell out.

I'm loving this Kenra Volume Spray 25. Karen has been using it for awhile but I just decided to try it and it's perfect for someone like me that doesn't like a lot of producty feel in their hair. Plus it smells really good.


I bought some Body Shop Body Butter when I was in Canada but they have a body shop at the University Mall now. I have really dry skin in the summer from sitting out at the water park and trying as hard as I might to get skin cancer. I love the body butter. I got Mango and Raspberry too but the Shea is my favourite and not because it's made out of me.


I bought some Miss Dior Cherie parfum when I was at the Cancun Duty Free Shop (you can get it at most fine department stores) last May. To me, it's the smell of summer. "Notes of chic, green tangerine, violette, and pink jasmine mingle with soft patchouli, musk, and delectably sweet strawberry leaves and caramelized popcorn for a delicious scent that's truly irresistible."


I finally invested in a Chi hair straightener and I love it! I'm a little late to this but I was cheaping out. I did a search online and found one for a good price but the other day I saw them at Costco for $59 which is a great deal. It's really hot! I mean it will melt it's own cord in seconds if it touches the metal. My goal is to never, ever touch it to my skin.

18 comments:

ChristineR said...

Love the classroom! It's such a nice space and I agree - so bright! And you are so lucky to have your Mom help you. :)
I've always been too cheap (and too lazy) to get the Chi iron. It's that good, eh?

Shea said...

I think it's worth it. Don't you have pretty wavy/thick hair? Another plus is that it's really fast, so that takes time off the morning routine. I'm going to need all the help I can get since I have to be to school by 7:30.

Ter said...

Shea, I don't even want to know how you make butter with your body...


but the classroom looks great!

Shea said...

I wish I could make butter! Haha! That sounds gross.

Chelle said...

yes, that sounds gross, why did you have to go there!? I was always jealous that there was lotion named after you...Shea butter, just flows together so nicely. Now Chelle butter...not so flowy, and sounds really gross.

Anonymous said...

The room looks awesome. Glad to see a repurposing for the poang chair - they just live on and on. Also thanks for the perfume samples - I also really like it. Take a break and don't stress out - you are going to be awesome!
Becky

Shea said...

I got another Alien sample the other day Becky. I should have sent it home with Beth.

Chelle butt-er!LOL!

Susan said...

The classroom looks great! Good job you guys. I wouldn't have had a clue how to organize a classroom (probably a good thing that I'm not a teacher) so I sure it was great to have help. Best wishes on your first day of school!

SuburbiaMom said...

Nice job on the classroom! I bet you'll find a way to fit everything in to your day. Totally know what you mean about the girls' hair getting done. I recommend short hairstyles, or a french braid at night that stays in the next day.

When day does school start for you?

Shea said...

I'm in a lot of training etc from the 10th on. The kids start the 20th.

Lori-Ann said...

Wow Shea your classroom looks great! Good job and so nice of your mom to help.
When we went to NY for a few days I was concerned about Vanessa's hair too...I contemplated just chopping it off and some days I still do think I might.
I've got that Chi hair straightener and love it. So far I've avoided getting burned...good luck with that.

Shea said...

I won't cut Grace's hair. I get tempted but Ryan always helps me get through it. I've cut Hanna's and it looks really cute. Vanessa has lovely hair.

Natalie said...

Chi changed my life.

Monti said...

Did you get the Rio Red Swingline?

Shea said...

Unfortunately, no. It's silver.

Tiffany said...

I love your classroom! So cute and organized. You will be great, no worries. I love the drunken dancing in the old steel plant...Hilarious! Wait a minute I think that I just got the "Beaumont" joke. Wow I'm slow. Footloose right?

Shea said...

Footloose? What's that? ;)

kimberlee said...

Your classroom is looking great. I'm excited for you to be teaching.