Little Miss Lucy the day we found her in the tire colony. I must clarify that it is not our pile of tires but the older neighbor man who uses his back lot as a dumping ground.
I tried to take a picture showcasing Lucy's kitten cuteness but the best I got was this out of focus one.
Hey, did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?
I've been having some health issues lately that are pretty annoying. One symptom is my skin/hair being so dry it's ridiculous. Oh and I eat 1200 calories/day, run or do spin almost daily, yet still remain the same weight. Yeah I'm superficial like that (according to my cyber-fan out there) but if I'm going to work that hard I want to see some results. I'm pretty sure this is related to my hypothyroidism and I've decided it's time to see an Endocrinologist about it. I was diagnosed by a family doctor 8 years ago and since them have only seen an Endo once years ago and it was mostly to discuss my miscarriage problems. Since then my doctor's visits have gone something like this:
Me: This is what I think is wrong and this is what I read on the internet about how I should be treated.
Family Doc: Sounds good. I will take some blood tests then my nurse will call you with the results. She will not explain what the results mean but will just up your dose.
Me: The internet tells me you should also run this test.
Family Doc: Whatever you want.
While I think my family doctor is a decent doctor, he just doesn't know enough about my hypo to treat me well. Hopefully the Endo will be able to help me feel better.
Stuff it in baby!
I'm kind of liking this new section title thing I'm doing. Helps me sort my thoughts and makes the writing easier. What are your thoughts? Annoying? I went shopping by myself this Saturday and decided I would succumb to my fashion victimness by purchasing some skinny jeans. Only to wear tucked into boots mind you. I'm not delusional enough to think these short ham hocks are going to look good in them unassisted. Remember when we used to peg our jeans? I'd take my Levi's home and sew the bottom half of the leg tight but they weren't tight on top too. Anyway, I will just let you know that unless you are 5'10" and 115 lbs, trying on these jeans can be painful. Also, am I the only one who thinks that the young sales girls are secretly laughing at me behind my back? "Yes, I saw her. Not another 30 something who thinks they are 20 something. HAHAHAH!" Admittedly I'm insecure about my body and especially my legs but still, it was torture. In the end I gave up on my SamRo (for you Beck) look.
Oh Clark, it's beautiful!
I've been getting into the Christmas spirit by decorating the house. We still haven't got our decorations out of storage so I've been using poinsettias to decorate. I love the way they look at they are relatively cheap. So if you haven't given poinsettias a chance, I recommend you do. The new tree is working out nicely also and I'm excited to have a mantle to hang stockings on.
16 comments:
Just make sure the cat doesn't eat the poinsettias or you'll have either a very sick or a dead cat and then your girls will call you a mean mommy again! They are poisonous to animals.
I like the mini titles in your posts, esp. if you're going to have one post with more than one topic. It does break it up a little bit. I tried doing that with my random posts but not sure if it worked in my case.
I hear you about doctors appointments, that's how mine seem to go too.
I did know they are poisonous so I put them all up high.
That is a darling little kitten. You'll be glad you rescued her. That's a much better shot of your beautiful tree. Poinsettia's are so pretty. Red is such a Christmas color. Dad and I are putting up our tree [a real one] but have taken a break so he can watch the Grey Cup football game. I hope you find a good doctor. Mom
Hey Shea - I tried on those boyfriend jeans today and they took me back - seemed like a high school fit. I kind of liked them. Also they were clearing out these mens pants that were exactly like some I bought about 10 years ago that I loved and wore to death - featured often as work pants during house building - Anyway - they didn't have my size so Monti was a champ and called Calgary and they did and now they are sending them to me. That is my story for the day.
Also our TV quit working - it has been a weird weekend without it.
Glad the kitten is working well. It really is cute.
I am going to buy you some old crappy rock band shirt to go with your skinny jeans - then all you need is some converse high tops and you'll be set.
Hope your days off were awesome.
Becky
I totally succumbed and bought skinny jeans. (They had a great selection at Down East.) I only bought them to tuck into boots too. The funny thing is I thought they were so ugly but now that I have them, I really like them. Imagine that! Apparently I'm all superficial like that too. Good luck with the dr. Tell me if he's good.
Lucy is really cute. I am sure that the girls are in love. Has she wond Ryan over too?
Grace looks beautiful, as always.
Love the tree.
Good luck with the skinny leg jeans and the new doctor.
Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
I'm so excited to see you too! I wish we had more time to spend together. We'll at least have to go to the Rack one day. I don't know if skiing is going to happen since your social calendar is so full. You need to move here so we can really concentrate on our new skiing hobby.
Luisa I tried downeast and didn't see any skinny jeans there. I had a coupon at american eagle so I ended up ordering there and they were pretty cheap. You have the skinny legs to begin with so I'm guessing they look pretty good on you. Same with Becky.
Shea, I'm LMAO at your Mom's tree comment. Did you add [a real one] or did she? That's too funny after reading one of your previous blog posts. Ever since we had kids and dogs we gave up on the real trees. I have no idea how my mom managed to take us out as kids and cut down a real tree every year. We loved it but I just can't do it with my own kids. I hate my Christmas tree but my mom is handing down her pre-lit one to us next year and I'm so happy! No more stringing lights and no more arguing with the kids about colored or white lights. YEAH!
No Dori, she added [a real one]!LOL!
Your kitten is very cute. The girls must be thrilled! I too have tried the skinny jeans and I agree- they can only be worn with a boot.
As far as your weight issue is concerned - well I know what you mean...when you are working so hard to look good and you don't see results is so frustrating!! I think you look great btw but hopefully your doctor will give you some answers.
Ditto on the skinny jeans. They are also not comfortable--in any way!!!
Watch the kitty around poinsettas--they are poisonous, just FYI.
Good luck with the endocrinologist. Which one are you going to see? I used to see Paul Miner in Murray.
Susan it's Dr. Alireza Falahati-Nini in Salt Lake.
Hello Shea! Its Meesha from the Junies! I 4got I had your Blog saved and came across it. MAN the Girls Have REAAALLY Grown UP! I miss not staying in touch with the Junies. I'm glad to see you are doing well. I'm going to continue looking at your blog and play catch up. It's so good to see you! Happy Holiday's
Meesha! The Junies are on Facebook now if you want to email me shea74@gmail.com
Post a Comment