Sunday, December 06, 2009

Not enough kittens in the world could ease this case of the sads

Horrible week from Wednesday on. Cry, cry, sad, angry, hurt, dejected and depressed. Trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps. Luckily I have a lot of supportive friends, family and coworkers (holla team!) that have really helped me make it through. If I talk about this too much, friends, family and coworkers, please just roll your eyes in your head and go to your happy place.

Dancin'
My kids are from Utah (it physically hurts to say that) so from now on I'll not use the G at the end of words to make them feel more comfortable. Grace had a dance recital on Thursday. She did a great job and looked super cute. I wish they could have done their "Thriller" dance because that is the dance I make her do when I need to laugh. It's awesome! Grace was very excited to wear makeup and told me she needed a lot or she'd "get lost in the lights."

Grace is the short one at first and then she is in front on your right. Not a very great video since it was taken with the camera.

Untitled from Shea Van Fleet on Vimeo.


My not so skinny jeans
I check out a couple of fashion blogs and one of them (The Frugal Fashionista) told me that American Eagle Outfitters had cheap skinny jeans. So I ordered a few pair with a coupon I had and was not horrified when trying them on. It might have helped that above crisis had me not eating for a few days. I wore them on my Friday shopping trip with Karen, tucked into my boots and I felt really "fashiony". The Down East Outfitters in the Orem mall has a fantastic skinny mirror that you have to experience before you die. It's even better than the Nordstrom bathroom mirror. Go, stand in front of it and you'll forget all your troubles.

I lied, the kitten helps
As I was writing this blog post I started to wonder where the cat was. I turn around to look at the Christmas tree and this is what I see...

Lucy was about 6.5 feet up inside the Christmas tree. Irritating and adorable at the same time. A friend gave us the bowling ornament because Ryan and I met in the BYU bowling alley.

11 comments:

Ter said...

I'm glad the kitty is bringing you some happy smiles. I'm sorry you had a rough week. ((hugs!)) I can totally relate to rough weeks!

I couldn't see the video because I don't have an account at the vimeo. But I'm sure it was just adorable.

Hope you have a better week this week... and me too!

SuburbiaMom said...

Sorry about whatever crap you're dealing with now! I like your post--the girls are cute and so is the kitten.

Anonymous said...

that kitten is really cute.
Becky

Lori-Ann said...

That picture of Lucy is so adorable- and I'm not a cat person at all but how can you resist that little face. Must be something in the air this week b/c I've been really blah myself. I hope you feel better...

Shea said...

Ter I know this has been a really rough week, much worse than what I've gone through. I've been thinking about you a lot.

Shea said...

Becky I think Lucy is a good substitute for Cobalt.

Susan said...

What an adorable kitty. I hope she didn't knock down the tree. We still don't have much christmas up. One of these days it will happen. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture of the cat in the tree. It reminded us of Tweezle up in the trees in our former back yard. Lucy looks just like another ornament on the tree.
Gracie looks so excited and glowing. I would have loved to have been there for her recital.
I hope you are feeling more like yourself this week. Here is a big hug. Love you.
Mom

Gwen said...

See, the cat DOES help make you smile! :) That is a great picture of the kitty. And Grace is beautiful!

Alisha said...

Cute kitty:) I don't like cats that much, but that is really cute. Tell Grace that she looked great in her dance. And forget about that crazy person that made your life miserable for a little while. You are a GREAT person and teacher....we wouldn't have hired you if we thought differently:)

kimberlee said...

Cute little kitty.

I hope things are going better.