I resolve to have more resolve
I thought about reading more and watching less crappy TV but I now think I can do both. I am cutting "The Hills" out of my Tivo programming. Sorry "Hills" but you are so sucky I can't even watch you for camp value anymore. I'm going to be more positive and smile at strangers more. Go to the dentist and get free teeth whitening. Renew my drivers license because it's been 10 years and my picture is horrible because I was all fat and puffy from having a baby. Turn 36 without curling up in a ball and crying all day. Run the Provo Canyon 1/2 marathon without puking. Wait, this is just my "to do" list. Screw resolutions!
A doctor talks down to me. What a surprise!
During my break I went to see an Endocrinologist. He did a "tsk tsk" when I told him I hadn't bothered to go to one since I was diagnosed as hypothyroid 8 years ago. When I told him I was on a natural thyroid supplement he told me he was going to give me an analogy as to why natural thyroid is inferior to synthetic. "Pretend you're a hunter. Oh this might not be a good analogy for a woman." Oh snap! You did not just say that? Um, I'm pretty sure I can understand your gun/hunting analogy even if I don't enjoy killing animals and am just a silly little woman. I should have told him I used to be really good at shooting gophers on dates. That's right, I once went on a gopher shooting date. Anyway, I forgave him in my mind and let him go on about what he thought I should do with my meds. I gave three vials of blood ("Your veins are small. Your blood flows really slowly.") and found out I'm vitamin D deficient. So he gave me a prescription for three visits a week to the tanning bed. No, I have to take prescription Vit D for a while. Hopefully I start to feel super awesome now and all my problems will be solved.
I have weird quirks
The blood giving reminded me of something weird you might not know about me, I hate veins. Even writing this makes me a little queasy. I don't like my wrists touched (veins are there!), I don't like seeing veins on myself or others and I especially do not want you to ever tell me about your varicose vein surgery. (mom!) You know how Angelina Jolie has those super veiny arms? Well I can't watch a movie with her in it without feeling a bit sick. Oh and I smell like maple syrup after I sleep.
What? Facebook irritates me? Yet I keep going back.
I've been spending some time on Facebook since I was home for break and there is something people do on there that drives me a little nuts. When someone puts on their status that they are sick, in the hospital or (this I find super annoying), when their status is some cryptic thing like, "I hope I survive this", these people will write, "Let me know if there is anything you need me to do for you." If you were really, genuinely concerned about someone and wanted to help them, wouldn't you pick up a phone or stop by their house or just help them without asking? Is someone going to write back on FB, "Yes, I do need help. Please bring me dinner tonight." Probably not, which is why you just help them instead of asking. When you put it on FB it just looks like you are doing it so you appear to others to be helpful or concerned.
A few photos to round things out
I'm getting my haircut this month (on my birthday!) and I had a moment where I thought about cutting it all off again but people in my life intervened and instead I'm trying to do some different things with the longer hair. I used a curling iron and didn't burn any part of me!

Ryan and IKEA teamed up to make our apocalypse bunker more user friendly. There was much swearing involved. Now when the big one hits, we'll have lovely shelves to keep us company. It looks like we'll be eating olive oil, diced tomatoes and toilet paper for fibre.
I did something too! My super awesome cousin Chelle sent me these vinyl dots months ago and I finally put them up in Hanna's room. Chel's going to send me more because I forgot how high the ceilings are.
15 comments:
Love the vinyl dots and the bunker full of toilet paper...looks a lot like our basement storage room. Full of paper towels and toilet paper. Costco is great for that.
The curls are so cute!
I'm lol at you comments about people offering to help other on FB. So true!!
Lor there is also a box of Ichiban my parents sent from Canada a few years back.
ugh doctors suck!
I don't like veins either nor wrists and mine get itchy just thinking about it and just reading your post made them itchy.
I totally hear you about Facebook, well it's not just facebook but people in general. I get so irked that people are saying to me "I wish I could help". Now the people who live far away that's fine but even locals say things like that. Hm, yeah you can take an hour out of your month and come over for a while. They don't even have time for coffee apparently. (Which I think just makes me more irritated and depressed yet they want me to snap out of it. Maybe I would have a chance if I wasn't feeling always alone. Anyway, your blog, won't make it about me! Haha! :)
The photos are great, I'm surprised Grace isn't there trying to hold the cat too. :)
have a good year!
the good thing about ichiban is it never goes bad :) like the hair! haven't you noticed some people always put really annoying statuses on fb? there are two that i think i will soon have to delete as their statuses are so annoying. good luck getting back to work.
Ryan and Ikea did a fine job on the apocalypse bunker and I really like the curls in your hair. Last time I had curls was in grade 8 with a very bad spiral perm, but I've often thought about doing something different. Very cute on you.
I like veins. I used to take blood in the hospital all day everyday and when Kevin and I were dating I used to subconsciously 'palpate' the veins on his arms. (They were so much easier to find than on the old and the sick!) He HATED it. Oh, and I've often thought that the veins in my arms look like Angelina Jolie's. Of all things she's got - why the veins?! I can think of a few other parts I'd rather have. I'll remember to wear a long sleeved shirt the next time I see you. ;)
Have a good first day back!
I feel like toilet paper is a very important part of storage. Because I never want to ever run out. LOL Love the dots on the wall. I've been meaning to do something like that for Robyn but it just hasn't happened.
I've never noticed your arms Natalie. The story about messing with Kevin's veins made me a little sick.
I am laughing so hard about the supplies in your bunker---you are so funny! My oldest is just as grossed out about veins. Don't ever look at my hands and feet--I am veiny!
OK, what's the story with the toilet paper? Are you on a prune diet? Step away from the Costco cart!
We're stocking up to use it to barter for cigarettes when the rapture happens.
Hey I just found out I am vitamin D deficient too. I think the two of us need to spend some time in the sun! Hoping the vitamins will help us both feel better.
The new do is cute!
~Christine
Maybe I need to go to Aruba with you Christine.
Love the curly hair! Wish I could get mine to do that. Our storage looks about like yours:) The dots on Hanna's wall...so cute! Don't let the Doctor get to you...that's one of the reasons I hate going to the doctor.
Don't you wish is was still Christmas Break?
But Alisha if I was still on break I wouldn't get to see your smiling face everyday. ;)
My Favorite "What about facebook bugs you". I'm sure I'm guilty. But so, so true!
Post a Comment