Some of you are aware that a few months back I was mocked by another blogger for this
entry about my disagreements with Grace over her clothing and hair choices. As much as I don't want to admit this, because the whole thing really pissed me off, it did get me thinking again about picking my battles when it came to my kid's decisions. The whole clothing thing with Grace was just making me mad and her miserable so I've basically given up on that, but only after I purged her wardrobe of things I absolutely hated. Since I started working, I'm not able to do the cute hairdos before school. I shouldn't blame it on work because Grace hated almost everything I did anyway. The kid shows up looking like a adorable ragamuffin almost every day. I finally bought a brush to keep in my classroom so I could quickly comb her hair before she went to class. Ryan combs it at home but she has an uncanny ability to already be in ragamuffin mode by the time she gets to school. So this weekend I asked Grace if she would like to get her hair cut off. She was all over that, after she asked me if I was okay with it. I wasn't really but it made her happy to make the decision and I'll be happy with less ragamuffinish. By letting Grace make this decision, she will no longer end up rebelling as a teenager which would then result in her working the streets as a prostitute to support her meth addiction. Only problem, now Hanna is jealous and wants to cut her hair. One crisis at a time please Hanna.
Gracie's beautiful hair before the big cut. We discussed donating her hair to a cancer organization but she didn't have quite enough. Next time I will research it more before we cut because I think the hair place I went to wasn't very informed.

Adorable! She loves it.

I also got my haircut that day but mine didn't cost $10 like Grace's. Chad was kind enough to fix Grace's a bit also. I went darker, with more layers and Chad curled it for me, which I most likely will never be able to recreate. Grace also pulled out a tooth that very morning. I see orthodontia in our future.
12 comments:
I love Gracie's hair but it is a bit of a shock as she has not had it short since she was a baby. Your hair is a nice color and the curls are different. I like the boots I helped you pick out. [ha, ha] Mom
It looks good. :) The only thing I can't stand is boy-ish cuts on girls, especially when they are young enough that they could be mistaken for boys. and this is not a boyish cut so yay! :)
You look like you could be her big sister instead of her mom. :)
I'm planning to do the hair donation sometime this month. I was hoping I would get a few people to join me but so far it looks like it will be just me, will have to get someone who works at the hair salon to take a pic of my hair being cut off. lol
Both haircuts turned out really cute.
Love the new darker hair Shea and Grace looks adorable! I was told we needed to cut 10 inches of Vanessa's hair off if we wanted to donate it.
HI Gracie,
Just had to tell you how pretty you look with your new hairstyle, how did you sneak it by your dad?
You almost are as pretty as Grams!!!!!!!
Now you are not only a smarty pants but a real pretty girl,
Remember that we both have birthdays coming up i n Feb. You can get me a new gun.
Love gramps......
We've done this with my 2nd oldest twice over the last 4 or so years (growing it long, cutting and donating the hair). Short hair is definitely easier to maintain!
Grace looks just as adorable as ever!
It's okay to part with long hair. At least you weren't forcing it on her and she ends up looking like some girls in my ward who have super, super long hair that just hangs in long, stringy drapes all over their bodies.
Very cute haircuts!! And I LOVE your color.
She looks really cute with the shorter hair! I'll bet that will be a lot easier to manage. Yours looks cute too. So shiny and healthy. Makes me want to fix my color.
JenH
Thanks everyone! I love how hair looks so shiny after new colour Jen.
Two beautiful girls with cute haircuts! :)
I love that Grace has an identical facial expression in the before and after pics. So cute. Let me know if Chad ever moves to Calgary.... he does good work!
She looks adorable!
Post a Comment