Whew! I won't be a grandma at 36
Coincidentally, Grace was caught lying to her substitute teacher last week. She's had a rough year. She has taken the move harder than the rest of us and her teacher, who was great, became ill and they've had a substitute for over a month. Grace was caught forging my signature on a note, giving her permission to stay inside at recess to look for a missing book, American Girl: The Care and Keeping of You. Hanna's been very moody and needs to refer to the book to figure out "WHY?!" I wigged out, thinking this was the start of the slippery slope that would lead to lying about her whereabouts and eventually teenage pregnancy. I was also embarassed since I work there. Ryan works with a man who specialize in interviewing children and we learned that this was not a big deal. That considering all the changes she's been through this year, it's perfectly normal. He also told us that how she is acting now, is in now way an indication of how she will be as a teenager. Whew! Our very kind principal offered to talk to her after I told him one morning that she was in my coatroom crying. She's seemed much happier after that. Plus her teacher came back for the last three weeks, so all seems well in Grace's world. Here she is with her very excessive makeup before her dance recital.


You heard it here first
I heard a new candidate for most crazy baby name: Coyote. Discuss.
Are my jeans too tight?

I have a pair of jeans that I love and have been worn so much they are kind of worn thin. I know not to dry these jeans because I don't dry ANY of my jeans. If I'm going to spend $100+ on a pair of jeans, they will not be dried. That's right, $100. I told Ryan the reason I went back to work is so we can buy grated cheese but really it's so I can justify my jean addiction. Ryan, not knowing my jean rules, dried my jeans a couple of weeks ago. This required me to do extra stretching maneuvers when I wore them for the first time. You can see it coming, they ripped. Right in the crotch (Oh how I hate this word) area. In a beautiful coincidence, I found a replacement pair of jeans the very same day at a store that sells them discounted (Downeast Outfitters). The pair I found wasn't damaged and they were even the right length! You know that's meant to be when you're 5' um, 1". They might have been a little tight but my other pair stretched out so much they were almost too big. Well guess what? They aren't stretching! They are made out of the same material but they just seem to stay all tight and junk. In fact, I think I felt my legs pulsating as I was wearing them around the house yesterday. Are they cutting off my circulation? Perhaps. If my legs start to turn black, I will stop wearing them.
8 comments:
School is quickly coming to an end and I am glad you had a good first year. Have I told you how much I appreciate our good teachers? And so I appreciate that you are teaching.
And how reassuring that how she is now won't necessarily reflect how she is as a teenager.
I hope you find a pair of jeans that works.
Funny, I really like the word crotch. LOL
We have had similar parenting woes with Landon this week, who received his first pink slip and detention at school. So, I also appreciate hearing what Ryan's co-worker had to say. I went to meet with Landon's teacher this morning. She was rather loud and intimidating, so I could see why he made-up excuses that she found unacceptable for him not completing his assignment on time. I was tempted to make a bigger issue about it. The school has some crazy policies. But there are only 11 days of school left, so I decided to wait until next year.
Grace is adorable! Good luck with the end of school stuff and good luck breaking in the new jeans.
Sorry to hear of your pre-teen woes, but I know you, you'll get your payback. ;)
Good news about the jeans. I miss wearing jeans.
I thought $100.00 jeans were immune to ripping/tearing!
I think you should still say something to the class about your stolen object--they need to know that you are upset by it, otherwise the culprit may feel justified in stealing again.
Your daughters will both be okay--they'll become what's expected of them--so no more teen pregnancy jokes! ;)
I used to forge my my mom's signature all the time and I was pretty was the perfect child.
How did Grace's recital go?
You're right Kiersten, the pregnancy jokes are in bad taste. I'll stop. I did have a talk with my class about the stealing. I told them it was like someone stealing their birthday present. That got their attention.
The recital was adorable. I realized she's been doing dance since she was 3 so maybe she really likes it? I should probably pay for something more than the rec center.
What grade is Grace in? We moved the summer before 3rd grade and that was probably Annalise hardest year. Like you guys we didn't move far away but it was enough that she really missed her friends and neighbors. We got through it and Grace will too!
Yes grade 3. I moved the same year also. It's was rough but I survived. She will too.
Post a Comment