Monday, November 27, 2006

So you say you want to be a cowgirl?

Hanna has told us for a few years now that she is going to be a cowgirl when she grows up. I finally had to break it to her that there isn't a lot of work for cowgirls and wouldn't she rather be a doctor? This way she could support me in my old age. She still wants to be a cowgirl. So when she saw this...
on tv she about when into shock. She told me that was all she wanted for Christmas. My reaction was "that is never going to happen!" Where would we put this thing and I'm not spending $250 on a single christmas present. Call me scrooge but I'd rather get her a real horse. Today I was at Target killing some time when I came across this, on sale, for $23.
which I think is a suitable subsitute for gynormous-expensive-monster-horse toy. It's the size of her American Girl doll which already has a swell cowgirl outfit. Hopefully I have made one child happy this Christmas.

5 comments:

me said...

Best of luck with that b/c I know how narrow minded they can be when it's something they HAVE TO HAVE. LOL Can she ride it or just her doll?

Shea said...

It's only for the doll. My kids are pretty good (so far) at getting excited for anything they get, so I'm not too worried.

Lori-Ann said...

I hope she likes it Shea. I think it's the perfect substitute gift. Ty is really good at being happy with whatever he gets too- as long as it's not clothes. We definitely have to work on his reaction for clothes- it's embarrassing!!

Anonymous said...

Don't be a dream killer Shea - maybe she can be a cowgirl. Beth's babysitter got two of those horses at a garage sale and it really was an incentive to making her more interested in going to the babysitter.
*PARENT TIP!*- hie thee to an optometrist if your kids are school age. Our daughter is 5 and we made our first visit to the optometrist and I was shocked to discover that her one eye is so dominant that her other one has atrophied into a cripple and now she has to wear glasses and maybe an eyepatch if it doesn't improve. I had no indication that she had any vision problems since her one eye is perfectly fine. The optometrist tried to downplay the idea that if we had come in sooner it probably wouldn't have been so bad, but that's the message I got. So, be warned and do your duty.
(My eyes remain better than 20/20 by the way :))

Nicole said...

Oh I bet she'll love it!! I agree, $250 for a toy horse is a bit much!