Thursday, November 30, 2006

Now I'm Fascinated

My friend Kristin emailed me this today.

Fascinating Womanhood


She said it "curdles my stomach" which made me laugh. Maybe if we all applied some of the fascinating principles in our lives our marriages would be so very much better. I was a bit freaked out when I opened the page because Mrs. Andelin looked remarkably like her granddaughter/my weirdo roommate Mindy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think the older book covers were cooler : ie the fascinating girl with some single girl surrounded by all her admirers.... :)

Shea said...

I forgot there was also "The man of steel and velvet" or something like that. Didn't we find that one also? I'll have to check out the used bookstore in Provo. Funny thing is I just threw out that little booklet you made that had quotes from the book in it. I can't believe after 14 years I just threw it out!

Anonymous said...

yes, that booklet... i'm sure all the missionaries we mailed it to found it very uplifting...i can't believe that i'd ever have thrown it out but i have no idea where it might be. there were some really good quotes in there :)

Anonymous said...

by the way, i used to have the man of velvet and steel as well. but i also don't know where it is. i probably through them both out when i took women's studies at asu :)