Ryan was listening to Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me this morning and they said that the reason the It's a Small World ride at Disneyland is being remodeled is because visitors are becoming too fat to ride the ride. Apparently they are causing the boats to get stuck in the water flume. Disney is making the flume deeper and the boats more buoyant. It was built in 1963 and we as a nation just keep getting bigger and bigger. "What a wonderful irony, we became too big for Small World."
6 comments:
Beth was just telling me this was her favorite ride. Monti said he spotted a lot of gum that people had flung - we all sang the Duff beer song - memories were made. I hope it reopens ASAP.
Becky
Did I tell you about the douche we were sitting behind on Pirates? He was spitting chew into the water. GROSS!
Maybe he was a real pirate!
douche? that is a colorful term.
Small world was closed when we were there two years ago. Is this the same on-going renovation? Did they say when it might re-open? I haven't been on that ride in years.
I have to say that hearing about your trip and seeing your happy pictures has got me itching to go to Disneyland.
I love "Wait, wait, don't tell me". It is hilarious. (I told you I'm an NPR junkie!) That is awesome and believeable about It's a Small World. We recently went to Sweet Tomatoes (soup/salad buffet) and Jason commented "Do you notice a trend in the patrons?" I'm sure you can figure it out.
Post a Comment