I was listening to Radio From Hell today while driving back from spin class (no nausea today) and they have a segment called "Things That Must Go". People email in things that are basically pet peeves and I really hate the segment because it just reaffirms my thinking that most people are stupid. Today there was a woman who said that "Mommy blogs" must go. Why would she ever be interested in reading about what your child is doing or how you spent your day? It was this really long rant and the whole time I'm thinking, "Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you read these blogs?" I agree that I don't want to read about a stranger's life unless it's entertaining, but blogs are a great way for me to keep up with friends or family that live far away from me. I like to think of my blog as an online diary, like
Mimi Smartypants but not nearly as smart or funny or pantsy. I'm not here to entertain but rather to keep family and friends informed on what we're doing and have something that I can keep as a record. If it entertains in the process than that's a bonus. Today I'm posting a picture of Hanna's report card because I'm proud of her and I know her grandparents would like to see it. Grace doesn't get a report card yet but more of a "progress report" and it was very positive. Her math test that she scored 100% on is hanging up next to Hanna's report card but I didn't think it was scanable.
Click to enlarge
8 comments:
Hey, Brian wanted to ask Ryan if its worth the effort to fight a speeding ticket from a laser radar gun on account of the time of day and weather conditions when the ticket occurred? Brian received a ticket the other day before sunrise and while it was raining. The officer was also on the opposite side of the five lane road. His understanding was that you had to have a completely clear visual of the exact vehicle. And that this condition would be hard to achieve on a car in the far right lane on the opposite side of five lane road on a black car in pitch black rainy conditions. Add in the large number of vehicles from morning commuter traffic traveling in both directions. He fully admits that his understanding of laser radar may be completely off and wanted to get Ryans expert opinion on the matter.
I say down with that complaining lady. Tell her to stay off our Blogs.
WTG Hanna!! You must be thrilled Shea and I love keeping up and being entertained by you. That lady obviously has too much time on her hands to be reading blogs she doesn't enjoy.
Shea, I love to read your blog and see the pictures of you and your family and find out what is going on. That report card of Hanna's is fantastic!! I know Gracie is just as good a student. I'll have to call the girls when they get home. Mom
Shea, I'm friends with a douche on facebook, how do I ditch them?
Dave Sannes? That was the first person that came to mind when you said "douche".
Nope. Someone who's workin' hard at being an A-hole, even though isn't probably isn't that hard for him.
Seriously. If you don't like the mommy's blog-- don't read it. I try to be careful to not be like "my kids are the cutest kids" on my blog, but I feel the same as you. On my blog I keep in contact with friends and family and this is my life. I'm a mom. If it's entertaining, great, if not, don't read it.
Post a Comment