Friday, October 17, 2008
Wouldn't it be embarrassing if I died in my gym's bathroom?
I joined Gold's Gym in Spanish Fork a few months after Evie was born. I was sinking into a deep depression and needed something to motivate me to exercise, because like I've said before, it's either exercise or medication. I convince/badgered my friend Karen (who in no way needs to go to the gym) to join with me and we started working out there a few times a week. Then gas prices skyrocketed and I found that driving the 20 miles to Spanish Fork was really costing me a lot of money. I started just going a couple of times a week and eventually it was down to Saturday mornings only. Obviously, the $29 a month I was paying was not worth it and so when it came up for renewal in September, I cancelled it. I had been running three times a week all summer and was really enjoying it and thought I'd just continue that through out fall and winter. Well guess what? In the fall it's dark at 5:30 a.m. and damn cold! I kept at it but one morning I got up to run and it just seemed creepy outside. Like, zombie creepy. Ryan didn't like the idea of me running alone in the dark anyway, so I quit. Payson has Dumbbells Gym which is very small but it has what you need. Plus it's only five miles away, well it will be when the horrible detour gone. Grace's teacher told me she taught a 6 a.m. spin class there three times a week and I like spin so this sounded perfect. I only pay $20/month and it's month to month, no contract. I went to my first class last Monday and it was going fine until about halfway through when she had us take off our bike seats for a couple of songs. About halfway though the second song I suddenly thought, "I'm going to pass out or throw up!" I went into the bathroom and stood in front of the sink with my head down. Every time I lifted my head up, I felt like I would puke or black out. Finally I sat down on the floor and put my head between my legs. I kept thinking, "This is going to be so embarrassing when they find me in here unconscious." Luckily after about ten minutes I was able to stand up and go back to class. You may ask, "Why did she go back to class?!?" It's because I didn't want to look like a puss who had to leave her first class. Why can't I have that kind of determination in other areas of my life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
At least you made it to the washroom...I passed out one morning trying to get to the washroom from my bike at the gym. I bite threw my bottom lip and created the most embarassing scene. Good for you for going back to class...I would not have done the same.
Lor, your comment made me feel better. I'm glad someone else has had trouble on the bike. Sorry about passing out and biting your lip though. That sucks.
Oh Shea......you are good! I would have never gone back! I am sure it will get better!!!
I've been a bunch of times since with no problem. I don't know what it was that day but it's never happened before or since.
That happened to me while running at a track meet in high school once. I was gonna be first place and it was great until right before the finish line my body just shut down and stopped working and I even went blind for a while. No warning or anything, the body just wouldn't continue. So I got second place. Not fair.
I'd say going blind is a good excuse to get second place, Angie.
THe mere thought of going to spin class makes me want to pass out.
I am in agreement with "my three girls"!
I have had that pass out or throw up feeling before, it really sucks!
You should get an award for even going to a spin class at 6 am. My body doesn't function that early!
Yah that happened to me as well. It's awesome. I did in fact throw up in the bathroom, but it was all water, so no biggy...I guess. And I too, went dutifully back to class and finished it out. I had a little carrot the next time before the class and that helped. Just a wee bit embarrassing eh?
I remember the last time I went running coming home and feeling like this. But I am really embarrassed to tell you how long ago that was.
Hmmm, well...not totally true. I've have chased Isaac plenty since then.
Post a Comment