
Nothing like a school picture to transport you back into insecurity land. I had to get a school picture this year to put in the display case at the school. All the employees have pictures in it and I was feeling kind of guilty that I didn't do it last year. I get to work one day last week and there on my desk is my school picture packet. I thought I was just getting one 2X3 to put in the display case but no, I got a full packet. Not just the weinie packet I buy my kids but the fancy packet with many, many pictures. Maybe I can write on the back of the wallet sizes and hand them out to my friends.
"I'm so glad we're friends. Isn't Jeff cute? I think he likes you. Band is going to be awesome this year. Grade Twelve rules! BFFs forever, Shea."
Well it's not going to happen because I opened them up and threw up a little in my mouth. What is up with those crazy eyes?! Why didn't God bless me with an upper lip? Why do I have "mom hair"? What am I going to do with all these pictures? There is an 8X10! Seriously, the only people who would want this picture is maybe my parents. Even Ryan used the words "crazy eyes" and he is usually pretty blind to my imperfections. Anyway, for Christmas I think I'm going to frame my school picture and this one of Monti's (who teaches grade seven) in a double frame and give it to my parents. Only they could love Crazy Eyes and Serial Killer.
18 comments:
Shea, you are hilarious. I love your hair and would love mine to look like it. I laughed outloud at your post. Especially at the end at what your parents could love. Good things for parents who love us no matter what. You guys look great. Take Care. Carrie
I think you look beautiful. Mom
All right mom, you just confirmed your Christmas present. Find space for the 8X10.
OMG! Shea...you are a riot!! I was totally laughing out loud also!! Your parents will love it! :)
That's funny you should mention school pictures as Jeff just brought home his packet. And, I would say probably as many pictures. While it's a nice picture I'm not sure what we are going to do with an 8x10 picture. Maybe his mom would like one . . .
OMG! Shea- you're killing me! I am laughing hysterically (not AT your picture but at your writing). I think your picture looks great!
~Nicole
Sadly all Monti has of that photo is a 1X1 1/2 proof - he didn't order a package.
I actually don't think your photo is bad, maybe a bit wide-eyed, but mostly good.
Becky
You're cracking me up, Shea. You look great. We're definitely our own worst critics--don't get me started on myself.
Ohhhh…what did you get in the email?
Did your brother wear orange on purpose so it would look like a prison jumpsuit? Your mom will love her Christmas present this year!
Oh my goah...hilarious! Your Mom's comment was icing on the cake.
Funny you should say those things...I too have no upper lip (didn't realize that we have that in common) and I just got rid of my Dorothy Hamil (very mom'ish) haircut, I couldn't take it any longer. But I agree with your mom, you look great, come on you've always been a looker! At least you won't have to deal with adult acne as I will the rest of my life. Danny thought you got Monti's picture off of the internet, good times eh?
Off the internet?! That's priceless! Sadly I too deal with adult acne but it's on my back and hairline. It just started a few years ago. I think next year I'm taking a trip to the dermatologist.
Oh my god I'm LMAO right now. You are hilarious and seriously the picture isn't that bad. You are too funny though!
so, uh, what grade are you in now? maybe grade 23?
just teasing. stop being so hard on yourself, you're a cutie.
OK Shea, I have officially decided that your blog is the most entertaining blog on the internet.
Thanks Angie.
OMG this is and awesome post! Ha! I used to take school pics... hilarious! Made my night!
Post a Comment