Something happened today that I want to blog about but I'm afraid I can't. My blog is listed on Facebook and I comment on other's blogs. I'm afraid that I'm too "out there" to be able to talk about what I really want to. I'm kind of bummed out by this. I don't like having to make hard decisions. I want to be able to come on her and vent about whatever or whoever is getting me worked up and believe me, that is a lot of things/people. In some ways, I feel like I'm not being real but censoring my thoughts but then I also have to think about what other people will say. The "hood" is always looking for something or someone to talk about so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too long before what I said on
here, got out
there. I'm so conflicted! I don't really want this to be a sappy blog about my most bestest family and life. We all know my thoughts aren't all sunshine and roses and I'm sure you'd rather read those than non-stop drivel about what my kids are doing. Everyone has cute kids! That's why we procreate. If we didn't think our own kids were cute, why would we even bother? Well, I'm going to think about this some. Van Fleet out!
While I'm pondering, feel free to look at this picture of a kitten.
8 comments:
And thus the demise of my blog. I didn't want to sound whiny and cranky and negative but I also wanted to be honest without feeling judged and I didn't think I could get that. I guess that's life in general but I do feel that in print sometimes things sound a little harsher and can be taken wrong. Good luck. I, for one, would love to hear what's bugging you but I completely understand either way.
Oh it's nothing big but I decided I can talk in generalities and still get my voice out there. You know how it is, people bug me all the time. I'm IRRITABLE!LOL!
Shea, that is a cute kitten picture. I know how you feel about what goes out on the blog. I have wanted to blog about Neil's family coming to visit us for Christmas but I am afraid they will see or hear what I write about it. So I am not writing about it. Anyway, you guys have a great time in Canada for Christmas. That will be so much fun!! When are you leaving? How long are you staying? Have a great Christmas. Take Care. Carrie
I say go ahead and get it off your chest. I've used generalities on my blog about some things that bugged me, and I don't think anyone knew who I was talking about. Or you can just be like me in real life and use all the specifics and get yourself in trouble. :) I put my foot in my mouth ALL the time! I feel restricted all the time because I can't blog about Rusty's family but I so want to. So I feel your dilemma.
Darling picture by the way, you crack me up. If you do not tell us here on your blog before Friday Night, I will be expecting you to spill the beans over dinner. I can't wait:):):):)
Oh Sweet Shea. I have always enjoyed the candor of your blog, but I completely understand this concern. Story of my friggin life. LOL. I also cannot wait to see you guys on Friday and will also be expecting the full, uncensored rant.
When I started my blog, it was to help me find the positive side of life. I tried, and perhaps failed at times, to keep my complaining and whining elsewhere, but the truth is that most people, bloggers in particular, are understanding that life is not always rosey and that it's okay to vent once in a while. I have seen some blogs (not yours) where it is all whine whine whine, and other blogs (again, not yours) where everyone is so frickin' happy it just has to be fake!
You're real. And that's what I like about your blog, and that's what I like about you. :)
Thanks everyone. I found another cat who wanted me to take it home today. It was at the school, shivering by the door. I told Ryan if we weren't selling our house and leaving for Canada, that cat would be home.
Post a Comment