Thursday, December 11, 2008
Not the most fascinating post ever
I couldn't sleep last night due to Ryan being gone and me having the freedom to lay in bed watching TV while Facebooking on my phone. I finally turned everything off and made a real attempt at sleep. As I was getting into my sleeping position I starting wondering how other people sleep and this thought eventually put me to sleep. I sleep mostly on my stomach, hugging a pillow with another pillow over my head. Yep, it's crazy and I can't sleep well at all if I don't have all my pillows. Ask my friends. They make fun of my head pillow frequently. I think I started doing this when I was in university and had roommates that would stay up late talking to their loser boyfriends on the phone. I would put the pillow over my head and drown out the noise. It's stuck and now it's hard for me to sleep any other way. In high school I was similarly OCD about the way I slept. I had to listen to music and it had to be completely black in my room. Towel stuffed under the door so no light would come in from the hallway and a blackout shade on my window. Oh, so crazy Shea. Oh yeah, so how do you sleep? Please tell me someone is more crazy than me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
When I was in high school I was always so scared that someone would come in and stab me in the middle of the night. I would sleep with a pillow next to me, so the cold blooded killer would stab the pillow and not me. I still sleep with a pillow next to me, but it is for my leg and not the murderer. I have to take my 2 pillows with me on trips, it is ridiculous.
I have to take mine on trips too! I'm glad no one stabbed you. Better safe than sorry I always say.-Shea
I sleep on my side. Doesn't seem to matter which one. I usually have a pillow between my knees.
I remember coming into your room some mornings to wake you up and not being able to open the door 'cause some stupid towel was stuffed next to it!
I still use my body pillow from when I was pregnant and after many nights of Iain stealing it I got him one too so we have pillows all around us in our bed.
I always have to sleep on my side, hugging a pillow. I think this comes from when I was pregnant and using a pillow under my belly. I've just gotten so that I don't HAVE to bring my pillows with me, but I don't sleep very well if I don't.
I have special yak hair pillows that we made by monks in Tibet. If those pillows are not available the only way I can sleep is if I am sedated.
I don't know what Becky is talking about but we're going to have some fun times when you guys come up here. You won't even need pillows!
Was Becky smoking peyote last night?
Ha Ha!
I set up an account in Becky's name.
Hey Shea, I have a weird sleeping story. When I was little I made a pact with The Hulk (because he was under my bed) that if I slept with the covers up to my neck he would not get me. I still have a thing about sleeping with my body outside of covers. I will now stick one leg out if I am hot. I am a stomach sleeper ususally. When I am on my back I snore. By the way I am really happy with our fake tree. I enjoy it.
Carrie
I slept over at your house Carrie and you didn't warn me about The Hulk! -Shea
I sleep on my stomache with just one flat pillow. Pretty boring, not freaky like yours...just boring.
Post a Comment