My friend Kim and I have this joke where she puts me in her purse or pocket. It's funny because Kim is really tall and I'm really short. I don't think she could really fit me in her purse because I've seen it and it's not that big. Maybe a duffel bag. The reason I'm talking about this is because I saw Gary Coleman in person for the first time since he moved here a few years ago. I've had sightings in the past but no real in person encounter. I was pulling into the Santaquin post office and I saw his big truck parked outside. It had stickers on it advertising their weird home business, that from what I can tell, sells
Scentsy candles and a variety of mugs. My heart started beating quickly because I knew Gary Coleman was going to be inside that post office. Sure enough, I walk in and Gary is at the counter mailing off some Scentsy candles (he was making the post office lady fill out the mailing labels!). A crazy old lady was leaving as I was walking in and she said, "Well Gary, sorry I talked your ear off. I'm pulling for you. Take care." He mumbled, "It's okay" and went back to his mailing. I'm standing behind him and the first thing I notice are his bright green Crocs. That's right, he was wearing Crocs. Now I have my very own Crocs but I do not wear them outside the perimeter of our yard. Crocs are for children and yard work only people. Maybe those are the only shoes that don't hurt Gary's little feet. The post office lady called me up to the counter and now I was standing right next to Gary. The whole time I'm trying not to laugh. I found him there, mailing his candles, wicked funny. I left without saying anything to him because the word on the street is, he's not friendly and I didn't want Gary getting mad and punching me in the ovaries.
Let's talk about Christmas. I wanted a new fancy schmancy digital camera for Christmas and I got it. I also want a lot of other things but I don't think I'm going to get them because said camera was a tad pricey. I like getting presents but I also like giving them. I think it's fun to try and find the perfect gift for someone. I like the challenge. What do you want for Christmas? Or better yet, what would you like if money was no object? I'm thinking a shopping spree at Nordstrom or a Volvo XC90 or even better yet, a new mouse because my roller ball isn't working on mine.
My car
16 comments:
You need to splurge and get a digital mouse. It never gets stuck! :)
I went on the Apple site and figured out that it was because it's dirty! I guess it's a very common problem with the mighty mouse. I cleaned it like they suggested and now it works.
here's my dream vehicle/Users/rebeccatoly/Desktop/vanpic.jpg
I think an iPhone would be my dream gift.
An iPhone would be cool but that's too much a month for a phone. If someone also paid my monthly bill, I'd be all over it.
Becky your picture did not work. I'd love to see your dream vehicle especially since "van" was in the link. Is it a Dodge Ram?
Hi Shea,
Maybe if you told Gary Coleman that you had voted for Obama he would have let you take his picture with your schmancy camera.
How could he hit you in your ovaries, when he is not much shorter than you?
Should I get Ryan the 50 greatest hits CD by Rita Macniel for Christmas??
Love Dad
I'm with you on the XC90 - luxurious but not too pretentious.
Since that one's not looking likely for me in the next century, I've put a new cutting board at the top of my list.
Are you telling me Shea that you weren't even a little tempted to throw out a "whatchyou talkin' bout Willis" to Gary and just see his blood boil? And then crack yourself up laughing? You could then go on and say, "you know I never saw you in anything since Different Strokes until Church Ball, what were you doing all those years, eh Gary?" Come on you're moving, you might never have that chance again.
I think I would want a trip to some where warm and beachy, but not crowded, or a shopping spree would be fantastic too.
My friend told me I should have asked him "How's Abraham" or "Where is the Gooch?" because that would have shown I was a true fan.
Do tell about your camera.
Shea you story about GAry still makes me laugh! So true about Crocs though- mine are lined and I wear them as slippers in the house. I'm asking for new sunglasses and some personal training sessions at the gym.
Well at least you're not in danger of becoming a star stalker.
What I really want for Christmas is a high resolution digital photo frame.
So spill the beans on the new camera.
The camera is a Canon SureShot SD790 IS. Nothing compared to what I'm sure Cheryl and Kimberlee have but it's a good point and shoot digital for me.
The most played game that the girls have is Animal Crossing. I would suggest two copies of it so that they can go to each others towns. But it's a rather involved game, it takes a lot of playing to get their house built up. I can tell you more about it if you want. Rusty and I played it at the beginning and helped them earn money. Now they like to just play it themselves. Another one they like if Nintendogs and the Nintendo Aquarium. A lot of the other ones they don't play much. I would reccomend renting from Blockbuster before you spend $40 on a game. We have tons of games that they only played one time. You can borrow some if you want, after Christmas, and your girls can try out some of our games. Some of our games might be a little young for your girls, but some of them might be just right, as they're a little hard for our girls, especially the GameBoy games.
The DS bundle you're getting sounds like a good bundle. Those games should tide them over for a long time, as long as they like Mario games. My kids like them well enough. Our kids don't like Brain Age, but yours might. Definitely borrow games and try them out before you buy them, and you can buy them used at Game Crazy.
Post a Comment