Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weird thing my kids want for Christmas

You can tell by this post that my kids watch too much TV. That's because Satan himself came and told me my kids should watch more TV. Hail Satan! It's winter, don't tell me your kids don't watch more TV in winter. Anyway they both told me they want The Snuggie for Christmas. Oh, it's a marvelous blanket that has sleeves in it! What more could a child want? Funny thing is, my Grandma Wilde made me something like this for Christmas back in the day and I did use it a lot. I think my parents still have it. Time to re-gift! Maybe I'll trade in the (insert super awesome gift here in case my kids click on the bookmark and read this) and get them Snuggies instead. Twenty bucks and Christmas is D-O-N-E.



Thanks for everyone who responded to my post below. I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to hurt people when I blog. I already hurt my mom by using the term "mom hair" and I wasn't even talking about her. My mom has awesome hair! Someone hurt me yesterday without even knowing they did. They forgot to mention something to me and I felt left out. People do it all the time and I realize it wasn't intentional. It has just made me realize that I want to be more aware of other people. The other part of the story is me having to suck up my pride so that I can do something I enjoy. Pride stinks and I have a lot of it. Not the good pride, like thinking your kids are great, but the bad kind, like thinking someone sucks.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to get out that snuggie gram made for you. I was looking at it the other day. I'm excited to see you in a few days. Love mom

Anonymous said...

Sam really wants to buy this for me for xmas. I think I'd like it for a bit but then I'd get mad when it was always covered in dog hair. She showed me the commercial the other day and I laughed when I saw the woman taking a teapot off the stove... yeah good idea with big huge sleeves!

Kristin said...

Sophie also thinks that I need the snuggie for Christmas. I think that it is funny that they advertise this on the kid channels, but I guesst that they know what they are doing, because our kids are sold on it. LOL

Susan said...

Robyn wants a snuggie. Jeff thinks their ugly. What's funny (and sad too, I guess) she can quote parts of the commercial.

Monti said...

I think they're cool because they make you look like you're a part of a weird cult while you're lounging around at home.

Shea said...

I really thought my kids were weird but now I see that all kids are weird. I also think they just look like a magnet for pet hair and lint. I like the shawl method of wrapping my blanket around me.

Nicole said...

LOL! Jacob wants a snuggie too!!! He freaks out every time he sees the commercial for them on tv! At least I know there are other kids like him out there....

Chelle said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just say that it might be a Utah thing. Utards are just plain WEIRD!! Now, don't get your panties in a knot, that was not meant to hurt anyones feelings. HAHA. Shea, on a more serious note: thanks for your wise words about pride and hurting feelings. I have a problem with that. I just want to say what's on my mind and if that is offensive to someone else, I feel like that's their problem and they need to deal with it. I should be more careful in the things I say and do. It would be the Christlike thing to do.

Quinn said...

I hope it wasn't me. I've hurt people unintentionally before and it sucks on both sides.

I think a big part of life is letting go of that pride. At least I spend a lot of time doing just that.

Cheryl said...

Charlotte wants one too. I told her it's the same thing as the robe that hangs up (unused) in her bedroom.

Lori-Ann said...

I don't know...that snuggies looks an awful lot like an ugly sweater...very funny that the girls want one though.

Wilson Family said...

I like your awesome definitions of the good and bad kinds of pride. That really made me think... do I want a snuggi because my kids are awesome or do i want one because i hate those who don't have one?

Wilson Family said...

I like your awesome definitions of the good and bad kinds of pride. That really made me think... do I want a snuggi because my kids are awesome or do i want one because i hate those who don't have one?

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that the Snuggie was a big hit in other households too. Claire is so intrigued by the commercial. I was glad she was not disappointed when opening her gifts that there was not a snuggie under the tree ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh that was me... I did not mean to remain "anonymous"
~Christine

Kim S said...

Too funny! Put eli on the snuggi wanters list. Good thing his birthday is coming up soon. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Haha my kids were excited about the snuggie too! My four year old told me all about how you have to take your blanket off to answer the phone, but NOT so with the snuggie. And do you remember the cake-maker and the pasta pro-cooker? My kids were sure I would want one after seeing those adds.
Angie