Lucky you! I decided to resurrect the Van Fleet Family Christmas letter this year. We’ve had a few changes in our lives that I thought were worth writing about.
Ryan was promoted to Sergeant this year. This means he got a raise, which means I’m happy. We are all very proud of him and he worked really hard to get this promotion. He’s basically a detective for the Utah Highway Patrol and really likes what he does. When he accepted the promotion he also agreed to move closer to his office in Taylorsville. Because of this we put our house up for sale in June and being optimistic, we also bought a lot in Lehi and started building a house there. Unfortunately our house hasn’t sold yet so we now refer to our new house being built as “the summer home”. We are hopeful that the timing works out and we don’t end up with two mortgages. The really exciting thing that Ryan gets to do is go to the Presidential Inauguration in January. He was chosen to represent the Patrol with a few other officers and they’ll be there as security for the President.
I’m still working at the elementary school as a reading tutor and on Wednesdays I work in Grace’s second grade class with a girl who has Down’s syndrome. My favorite part of my job is seeing the girls so often. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to find a full-time teaching position next fall in Lehi. My exciting thing I got to do this year was go to Playa del Carmen in Mexico with my mom. She called me up one day and asked me if I wanted to go and of course I said, “yes”. Ryan and I also took a trip to Chicago in April to visit friends. We’re traveling to Canada to have Christmas with my family for the first time in many years and I’m praying that the roads will be clear.
Hanna is in grade four and she’s a sassy one. Sometimes Ryan and I worry that she is already smarter than us. She does really well in school and likes to have fun or be funny. I see a future as a doctor or stand up comedienne.
Grace is in grade two and is a sweetie. She is a great reader and is already correcting Ryan when he reads aloud to them at night. She started piano this year and is really excited to play “We Three Kings” at the Christmas recital.
We feel very blessed to have great family and friends.
Happy Holidays!
8 comments:
First of all I need to say that you are one of about two people that will probably get a comment from me before I die of sleep depravation so you should feel really special :)j/k
I love to hear what you are up to I may just copy you if I ever find the time, I am so glad that you had a good year and your trip sounded so fun some day I will go to Mexico. Ryan is so lucky to get to go to the inauguration that is so cool, he better take pics and you can post them. Its sad that we live so close and I never see you, if I can accomplish getting dressed before noon maybe I will be able to get a life :) Have a great Christmas and hopefully I will see you soon!
Beautiful girls! Merry Christmas!
I do feel privileged Laura. It is weird that we hardly see each other except passing each other while going to school. Now that I work, I feel like I hardly have time for much else.
Great letter--that's cool that Ryan will get to go to the inauguration! I pray your home sells soon. Have fun in Canada!
Awesome timing on losing those two front teeth! Eric is ready to lose one more upper.....we keep reminding him to keep wiggling it because we "hear you get more money for a Christmas tooth." Hey, it's worth a shot. $152 to have the dentist pull the thing if he can't get this one out too.
Great update Shea- Hope you guys make it home safely and have a wonderful Christmas here in the Great White North. The picture of the girls is beautiful.
Beautiful picture of the girls!!! Great Christmas letter :)
I love, love, love Grace's toothless smile. Your girls are beautiful!
Merry Christmas, Shea.
Post a Comment