Monday, January 19, 2009

It's hit the fan

It's Evie's due date tomorrow. I hadn't really thought about it much but after having an emotional breakdown today about the crappiness of the new stove in the "summer house", I realized that something had to be triggering it. There is also the combination of PMS, Ryan gone for the inauguration (which is cool) and no one buying our current house. Yep, there is a lot going on and I'm cracking up. I'm trying to have faith and put good vibes out there but it's getting really hard to keep this going. Our house will be done next week and we still own this house. Ryan and I are both public servants so you can guess that we don't have enough money to own two homes. Our home builder is being very generous and have told us they will hold the house until we can purchase it but I just want this to be over. I'm tired of keeping my house spotless because maybe, just maybe, someone will come look at it. My house isn't normally dirty but hell, I'd like to leave the house on a rushed morning without worry about my bathtub being spotless. We have been living like this since June! It's taking a toll on all of us. I know my life isn't horrible and I have many things to be thankful for but at the moment I need to vent about this.

People keep having babies which reminds me that I couldn't have the one I wanted. I certainly live in the wrong state if I don't want to be reminded of my loss. It's seeing my kids interacting with friend's babies or getting excited when they hear someone is pregnant. I now think I grieve more for them. She would have been two had she been born full term and I miss her. It's worse that her due date is in the dead of winter because I'm usually dealing with some winter-induced depression about now. The combination isn't good.

Ryan left early Sunday morning to fly to D.C. where he will be security for the inauguration. I've talked to him a few times and it's rushed but he is having a great time. He told me he should be right in front of the White House on the parade route tomorrow. So see if you can pick him out. He'll be in his full Trooper uniform with the Smokey the Bear hat. One thing that has been upsetting both of is the negative Obama talk he is surrounded by. I guess cops in general are Republicans (stereotype that might be correct) because Ryan has heard nothing positive said about him from other cops. I asked Ryan if he spoke up when he hear them talking and he said he didn't. He told me he thought only his friend Kevin there knew he was a democrat. I texted back "secret democrat" and it made me laugh. Maybe there are other "secret democrat" cops in his midst that are all too scared to speak up.

I've lost a few pounds since I got back from my holiday of decadence. I've been working hard at eating and exercise and it's paying off little by little. I have to put a plug in for my new Nike + iPod that Monti and Becky gave me for Christmas. I used it on the treadmill tonight and it kept me running for 38 minutes when I normally can do like, none on the treadmill. I'm an outside runner. Kristin and I are going to run a 10K this summer and my Nike + iPod is going to train me. Technology!

Buy this for $29 at Apple Store or any sporting goods store. If you don't have the Nike shoe (like me because I'm a Mizuno freak) buy a little adaptor pouch that velcros on your shoe.

12 comments:

The Roelofs said...

Hey Shea, I just wanted to let you know Neil used the Nike ipod for a long time doing his running and he really liked it. He uses a Garmen watch now. Anyway, I have been running lately and thought if I go up to Canada and you are up there I would love to run that run that is during the Magrath Days. (I can't remember the name). Anyway, I am sorry you are feeling sad. It is very frustrating keeping a home up to sell. I hope it sells quick for you. Good luck and Take Care. Carrie

SuburbiaMom said...

My brother and sister-in-law have been apart for 6 months now because he took a new job in Utah, but their house still hasn't sold in Delaware.

Sounds like hard times, but it's good that the builder is holding off for you. I hope your current home will sell soon.

You will have a precious little girl to raise in the millenium. Please don't beat yourself up about not being able to have children. You are a wonderful person and still do so much good. I'm thinking of you!

Chelle said...

I'm thinkin about you today...call me if you get lonely. I'll be home all day. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Shea, I'm thinking of you. Love you! mom

Lori-Ann said...

Oh Shea this would be a tough time to get through- especially given the winter blahs!! I've got them right now too. Good luck training for the 10 K though. Very ambitious! Will try to spot Ryan on TV today...

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea. Thinking of you today. I think you are so cool that I sometimes have a hard time imagining someone like you could feel down. But I understand what you are saying and wish things were different. I'm glad the builder is so understanding about the house. ((HUGS)) on Evie. It's almost Feb. Spring is not far now.

JenH

Our little family said...

I don't think you're a slacker. I put two and two together and knew you couldn't come this morning because Ryan's not home. I won't be able to go next week because Rusty's going to Spain. So I totally understand.

Anonymous said...

So does Ryan have special luggage to transport his hat? I was just wondering.
Becky

Our little family said...

I'm really understanding how you've been feeling this week. It's a hard week for me too. Someone's really pissing me off (sorry) today, and I can't talk to Rusty about it and can't write about it because, well, she reads my blog AND we're related (not by my choice).

We could get together and have quite an uplifting talk about people we don't like. :)

I'm really sorry about Evie, that's all I can say. Anything else just sounds dumb.

Here's hoping for some sun!

Shea said...

Kim I struggle with what to write. I have a lot of things I could write about but those people might read my blog and I don't want to hurt other's feelings. It's hard because this is like my journal. I have a private board of friends that I use to really vent.

Becky he has a hard plastic hat carrier thing. I think he just put that in his luggage.

Quinn said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Natalie said...

You're definitely being thrown punches from a few different directions... Evie's due date, keeping a house up to sell, Ryan being away, skinny chicks complaining, etc. That's a lot to deal with. So what if 'it' hit the fan last week? It's ok, you're normal (and it reminds the rest of us struggling to hold it together we might be normal too.)

Hopefully this week won't be quite so abusive!