I have returned to exercise with a renewed vigor after gaining what will remain an unnamed number of pounds over the holiday. Apparently sitting in a chair and eating multiple bags of dill pickle chips for two weeks will cause you to gain weight. I thought I was told this wouldn't happen but Grace isn't always right. I'm back doing spin three times a week with Shar (Grace's school teacher also) and have started going to the school gym two mornings a week to do circuit training with a few other neighborhood women. I was doing this last year but they failed to tell me it had started up again after the summer break. I could take this badly but I'm chalking it up to people being super self-involved and am letting it go. This morning was my first morning back and I was hoping for more weight training and less cardio, since I get enough cardio from spin class. It's free and it's exercise so I'm not going to complain...too much. So yeah, this is the year of Shea. The year I'm finally going to be 100% happy with my body. The year I'm going to get over my food issues and be able to have an ounce of willpower. I think being 35 won't seem so horrible if I feel like I am somewhat "hot" for my age. "She's 35? I can't believe it! I hope I look like that when I'm 35." That kind of thing.
My parents gave me a clock when I was home that they had laying around. I like the clock and think it will look good in my "summer house" entry way but it has the loudest ticking sound ever. I feel like I'm the narrator in Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart". The first night we got home I had it in our bedroom and I told Ryan, "This has to go!" I then put it out in the hall and the next day moved it into the living room by the top of the stairs as I was intending to store it in the basement. That evening I could hear it ticking while watching TV so I moved it to the bottom of the stairs. Tonight I was in the living room after everyone had gone to bed and I start to hear the ticking again. "That's it clock!" I put it in the basement and shut the door. If I can still hear it ticking, I'm going to start thinking I've murdered an old man with a "vulture eye" and hid him in my floor.
The "summer house" is moving along at an alarming speed. While I try to tell my brain that, "It's all going to work out." My brain tells me back "YOU ARE SCREWED, SISTER!" I hate brain. Ryan took pictures on his way home from work Monday and we are both getting excited about the prospect of living in this home. I'm starting to grasp that we are moving away from Santaquin and it's sad. I have some great friends here, I love the school and my connections there and I love having Nana next door. Change is good though and I'm pretty good at keeping relationships going. Still I'm not going to be able to pop over to Karen's and have her put tags back on clothes I want to return with her magic gun. That might have to be spirited away when I move.
They found E.T. in our house! No, it has a tent over it so they can stucco in this weather.
A three car garage so Ryan can have a home for his scooter.
The great room/kitchen.
15 comments:
have you read 'in defense of food'?
The ward split is going to be interesting. I'm interested to hear why you were so happy about it. I think there's a few people who agree with you though on the certain person. Was that vague enough for you? :) I'm thinking about doing the circuit training too. The roads have been AWFUL this year. Worse than last year. I haven't been able to run for the last month at least. I have been actively trading muscle for fat, espcially in the rear area. As for the lady who said your mom "only" has two kids, you should have ripped her tongue out! Or at least said something back.
I enjoyed your post and read it with great interest. Fond regards
Becky
ps - do you want a cat for your new house? Mine is bugging me tonight.
I don't like the comment either Becky. Step it up. I have decided I don't want cobalt due to me hating animal hair of any kind. He can come visit though.
Noelle I haven't read that. I'll look it up.
I hope I look hot like you when I'm 35!!!
Hey Shea, I am jealous about the Dill Pickle chips. I was very surprised a couple of months ago to see Old Dutch Ketchup chips here. I honestly thought I was dreaming. Anyway, I would also love to look like you at 35 (Which is this year). You look Great. Glad you got home safe. Your new house looks great also. Take Care. Carrie
I'd like to bare my testimony that the people in the church are not true...there are some really weird people out there, aren't there? I'm still trying to get over the guy yelling at the mentally handicapped guy who turned down the volume in the foyer last week. I felt like saying out loud, "wow, that was a Christ-like thing to say!" But i'm working on not judging people...so hard! Love the pics of your house, and don't worry, it will work out.
I really want to ask who that person was, but that wouldn't be nice now would it. Lame. House looks nice. Is it fun picking things out, or does that stress you out?
So about that clock - i can attest that it is quite loud. I slept in the computer room one night and it was in there and i thought it was 3 clocks perfectly synchronized. I did go to sleep though.
The summer house is looking really good.
Becky
SHEA! Why didn't you post on your blog that it's your birthday. Something like- Happy Birthday to me everyone, I rock. Well, you do and happy birthday. You're awesome.
regarding the lady in relief society. Hmmm, what I have to say isn't nice. I'll keep my mouth shut.
Your summer house is looking good.
Shea the summer house is looking great! I'm sure it will all work out. Great post! Love the clock ticking...lol!
You're 35? You look great- I hope I look that awesomely stunning when I'm 35!!!
Man you're spoiled with that 3 car garage! I don't even have one! *sniffle*
Post a Comment