Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grace is eight!

Gracie is very excited about turning eight tomorrow. As we were walking out of school today she was singing and dancing to a song she made up about tomorrow being her birthday. Grace is a happy kid who likes to sing, dance, play and just enjoy life. She's been a good kid since day one when she came out and immediately fell asleep, which is what a good baby should do. I had to call the nursery at the hospital in a panic because she was gone for over six hours her first night. They told me she was just as happy as could be and they didn't want to bring her back. I told them that the kid needed to eat, happy or not! The nurses told me she was voted "cutest baby in the nursery." She is cute and she's smart, so she has it all. Her only fault is I think she has inherited my laziness. Her motto: "Do what you can to get by and make people happy while doing it." We are kind of kindred spirits, Gracie and I. I'm so glad I get to be her mom and that I get to see her grow up into such a great girl.

Gracie's first day home from the hospital. She was jaundice so she had to lay in the sunlight a lot. She is laying on "blankie" which she still has and is quite dependent on.

Always such a happy baby.


First year portrait

The many poses of Grace. She's practicing for her career as a superstar.





15 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Grace!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie,
You just get prettier every day, someday you will be as beautiful as grandma.... Happy Birthday...

love Grandpa Toly

Ter said...

Happy Birthday Grace!

Lori-Ann said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! Such a beautiful little girl Shea!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! Gracie, Beth is here visiting me. We have been busy sewing and making cinnamon buns. She told me that you will like the present Gramps and I have for you. I am glad to be your grandma and can't wait until I see you in a week. You are such fun to be with. Love you. Gram Toly

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! Gracie, Beth is here visiting me. We have been busy sewing and making cinnamon buns. She told me that you will like the present Gramps and I have for you. I am glad to be your grandma and can't wait until I see you in a week. You are such fun to be with. Love you. Gram Toly

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace,
I have been working on a birthday present for you
over the weekend. I will be sending it with Grandma
when she comes to see you on Thursday the 26th.
I will send pictures and a card with it so you know it is
from me.
From Beth

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful Shea...Happy Birthday Gracie...from mellykins...your moms friend

Anonymous said...

GRACE! HAppy Birthday! THis is your Aunt BEcky - remember me? I hope you had an awesome day. I think you are a great kid. Looking forward to seeing you at Easter.

Melissa Miller said...

She is adorable. I love those pictures. Going private I see??!!

Gwen said...

In a few years you'll have to get really good at beating off the boys with sticks (For both Hanna and Gracie)!
The stick beating would include my own boys-- Logan has had a crush on Gracie for quite a while, I think! :)
Thanks for inviting me to view your blog-- I love it! :) You are funny and honest, and this is very refreshing.

Unknown said...

She's very cute Shea.

Quinn said...

She is really so cute. I love her baby pictures. But she is just darling now.

carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Grace :)

Marcy said...

What a beautiful girl!