Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's true, Xanax has made me so much less of a b@tch

I know I joke about the Xanax use and in all honesty I don't use it that often. I have a prescription for 30 pills that has lasted me almost a year. I got it after Evie was born and it literally saved me from going crazy and never leaving the house again. Now I just use it when the anxiety creeps up again which isn't that often. Today was a day where I had to dip into my precious supply. Yesterday we accepted an offer on the house and today the family who made the offer came over and signed their papers. This looks like a done deal and I'm completely freaking out. The last ten months I've been focusing on trying to sell our house, thinking it would never happen, and now that it's likely sold I'm realizing what that means. I know I bitch about Santaquin a lot on here but I do love many things about it. It reminds me of the small town I grew up in and I like that in many ways. I have great friends here. I have a good job and I know most of the teachers at the school. I now like our ward. I could go on but what I'm saying is that the good outweighs the bad most days. Mainly the bad is the people who annoy me and being far away from the city. I'm remedying both by moving but I know there will always be people that annoy me. I'm me! I'm trying to adopt Hanna's attitude of excitement. She is "excited to meet knew friends!" That this child came out of me is some sort of crazy cosmic mix-up. Grace, my kindred spirit, doesn't want to move and Ryan is starting to feel sad also. We put a lot of time and effort into this house to make it a home and it's painful to leave. I've never moved from a place I liked before except when I was seven and I got over that pretty quickly. Well, anyway it's going to happen and it's a good thing for our family. That's what I've got to keep telling myself. I wanted to add that the only things that made me feel good today were Hogi Yogi frozen yogurt and watching Grace fall asleep on Ryan as he read us some Little House on the Prairie. Because frozen yogurt is the shiz and kids are cutest when they're asleep.


10 comments:

Gwen said...

I am happy that you have sold your house, but I understand the bitter sweet feelings. We will miss you!!!
Is your summer home finished? At least you won't have to move twice, right?

Shea said...

Yes the summer home is sitting waiting for us. We're also going to finish out the year at school so we'll be staying with Nancy a lot during the week.

Kristin said...

Well Shea, I know how you feel. It sucks. At least you are not moving to hillbilly hell. You will have to call me when you get a chance. We are dealing with some pretty back-woods crap right now.

Natalie said...

What a relief! It will be a little sad to leave a home that is comfortable and that you've worked so hard on, but not having to worry about the house selling will only add years to your life. I'm thrilled for you!

Shea said...

It is good news but it still hasn't sunk in. We got locked in at a wicked good interest rate today, 4.75%!

Susan said...

I understand how you feel. We're (probably it's just me) still adjusting to our last move. The girls and Jeff adjusted much quicker than I so that has definetely helped me.

Quinn said...

Congratulations on selling your house.
I love the Zoloft ad. LOL.

{{{HUGS}}}

One Down, One to Go said...

Congrats on selling your house - no mean feat at the moment :-)

Lori-Ann said...

I'd be sad too Shea but what a relief too...can't wait to see your summer home take shape once you guys are into it. LOVE the Zoloft add!

D.J, Laura and Kids said...

I can't believe you sold your house :( We will miss you guys! I won't have anyone to gossip with, hehe :)
I also have to say I love my Zoloft I am a crazy after I have kids and the (above mentioned drug of choice) helps me maintain some normalness!