After my lasering I went to my the dermatologist to finally see if he could help rid my back of my acne or "bacne". I don't think I've had a pimple on my back until a few years ago. It started right after one of my miscarriages and has become out of control in the last year. You know when your husband is grossed out by it, that it might be time to see the doctor. He put me on antibiotics and a topical creme. That's it. I've suffered for years and I could have just done that? I'm an idiot. He also mentioned a chemical peel that I might look more into at my next visit. So if you're suffering with acne, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of waiting like me.
I started running again two weeks ago and things started to hurt. Running is seriously so hard on my body but I like how it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, so I keep doing it. I had asthma in high school and university so being able to run is kind of a big deal for me. Anyway the pain was really unbearable in my feet so I decided I needed new running shoes. Mine were a couple of years old and I use them for all my exercising which means they wear out quickly. I love getting new running shoes because it makes me feel like "a runner". I have to go to the running store and get expensive shoes because for me, that is a reward of running. I run, therefore I get expensive running shoes. I'm partial to Mizuno and bought a new pair of those that happened to be on sale so they weren't as expensive as they usually are. I ran the next day and did not feel any pain. I'm sure it will come back a bit but the new shoes do help. My old shoes were dropped in a bin that will be taken to Kenya so that they can continue to kick our asses in the Olympics. Ryan said we should be sending them defective shoes or clogs to improve our chances. I told him they'd beat us wearing no shoes.
So that's what my 35 year old self does. I get hair removed, go the the doctor for my "bacne" and buy shoes to ease my foot pain. Rock on!
My new shoes that are going to help me run my first 10K
12 comments:
So one more year before I have to do those things :) But, I am still so impressed with the running.
fyi, this is also the year for me to stop doing NOTHING for myself...i've renamed it "The Year of Chelle". im getting a boob job, knee surgery, and possibly hair removal...on my chin,cause im turning into a bearded old lady...so you go girl! glad you are takin an active stand against getting old!!
fyi, this is also the year for me to stop doing NOTHING for myself...i've renamed it "The Year of Chelle". im getting a boob job, knee surgery, and possibly hair removal...on my chin,cause im turning into a bearded old lady...so you go girl! glad you are takin an active stand against getting old!!
Hooray for modern technology! Look out Seven Peaks, here you come!
You make me lsugh Shea. It was the comment about Kenya that got me. Good luck on teh "bacne" LOL!
When Jeff goes out to buy running shoes this is what he tells me -- it's better to buy good shoes than to pay hundreds of dollars on doctor bills. Maybe you can use that on Ryan if he bothers you about the price of running shoes -- it has worked on me. :)
Oh Shea you've reminded me that laser hair removal is something I want to look into too...thanks! Love the new shoes!
Jeff is right Susan. I had to show Ryan that I would use expensive shoes when I first started running. He now realizes I'm serious about it and doesn't mind me spending the money.
I remember reading somewhere that running shoes are only good for a max of 500 miles (or less depending on how hard you are on them.) Sounds like you were looooong overdue for some new shoes! I had no idea laser hair removal was painful. Kinda kills that dream I had of doing both of my legs some day.
So how is the bacne treatment going? Finding success? Just wondering. I am needing some of that anti-aging/acne cream these days.
Becky
LOL Shea, Bacine. lol.
You go girl
I'm also doing the laser thing. Not fun. I've don the 6 recommended sessions and waited the recommended 3 months to see how much of the hair grew back, if any. Well, to my extreme disappointment, all the hair grew back. Not too happy. Hopefully with a few more treatments, IT WILL WORK. I hate to think I wasted that much $$$ for nothing. Love the wacky kitten postings, too. Can't wait 'till April when I get to visit. Talk with you soon.
Sarah
Post a Comment