Sunday, March 01, 2009

Grace's baptism

Grace was baptized on Saturday by Ryan and is now a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a fabulous day all around. The weather was great and it was nice to see so many family and friends together. Grace really is amazing and I'm proud of her for wanting to do this.

Waiting with Ryan.

We go there a bit early so Grace played the piano to pass time.

Sporting the baptism jumpsuit. Ryan said he's going to wear jumpsuits all the time now.

Grace and her friend Holly, who was also being baptized, sang "I'm a Child of God" together. Grace surprised me with how well she sang. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear her. Wish I had it on tape.

I thought she looked really happy here. Post baptism glow.

Me and my baby, who is almost as tall as me. wah.

The fam.

I didn't think I had enough pictures of the dress without the cardigan on so I made Grace take more on Sunday morning. I thought she looked really cute here. That's what parents do, think their kids are cute.


7 comments:

Ter said...

congratulations, Grace! :)

SuburbiaMom said...

Great pictures! What a special day!

Lori-Ann said...

She looks beautiful Shea! Congrats to Grace!

The Roelofs said...

Shea, you guys look great! Congratulations on your house selling. I can understand your feelings of starting over. I think anyone is happy to know you. So now you have more people to get to know you. Good luck! Carrie

Anonymous said...

That's cool that she had a friend getting baptized on the same day!

Quinn said...

Yay! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Shea ~ I am catching up on your entries from being on vaca. Love these pics. The girls are so beautiful. I think Grace looks a lot like you.

JenH