Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A legally blind dolphin with a meth problem could tell you that

My mom has been here this week so for one of our "mother/daughter outings" I planned that we would go to Nordstrom and get properly fitted for bras. Actually it was just me who had been wanting to do this but once we got there I convinced my mom that spending more than $10 for a bra was not a bad thing. I had to use my new ability to not be embarrassed by my naked body because you basically take your top off and let the sales lady touch your ladies. Well, not actually touch but it gets pretty intimate. The only thing I was embarrassed about was my aforementioned bacne which, since seeing the dermatologist, has only seemed to get worse. Anyway, disgusting bacne aside it was a good experience and our sales lady was a young hep thing who had really cool bangs. I have normally been wearing a 34 A or B. I buy my bras on sale at GapBody or maybe Victoria's Secret. I've been fitted before but these things have been through a lot since then. The bra I'd been sporting was way too big around and not filled up in the cup region. So Courtney (hep sales girl with good bangs) measured me and told me I was a 32. She went out and got me some bras to try on and I was thinking she'd bring in some A's or maybe a B but no, she was bringing in C's and D's. When I was nursing Grace I wore a C and I was HUGE! So the thought of me wearing a C now was laughable and a D was downright ludicrous. Sure enough, Courtney knew what she was talking about because the 32 D's were fitting me. They were padded but they fit really nicely. Apparently when you go down in band size, it is normal to go up in cup sizes. I narrowed it down to two I liked and picked a Calvin Klein because it was the cheaper of the two. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the colour I wanted at the store so it's being shipped to me. But yeah, I'm a D and I don't want any snotty comments about it because Courtney says it's so.

9 comments:

Ter said...

lol i should get fitted. But I'm not brave enough.

Luisa said...

Once I saw a bit of some plastic surgery show and they had a breast enhancement candidate who was an A- cup size. I think that would be me. Every time I have a kid, I lose a cup size. I'm practically concave.

Natalie said...

There's hope for me yet. Congratulations!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuburbiaMom said...

Wow--Go, Shea!!

Shea said...

I don't want you to get the wrong idea. I by no means have large breasts. I just wear that size. If I was still wearing a 34, I'd be a B or A.

Chelle said...

32 D!! That's hot!

Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.