Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gummi bear? It's been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft.


I was going to write this big explanation of how it all happened but it's been a long day and I'm tired. I got a call today from the principal at Beaumont Elementary School and he offered me a jobby-job. I said, "Me? Really? You really chose me? I'm so excited!" Well, I just said the excited part but I was thinking the other. So I'll be teaching grade one at Beaumont Elementary School (not the real name) next year and hopefully for many years after. I wanted to post a link to the school's website because I think it's a super cool school but I think it's best that I keep that part private. If you are my friend on Facebook or just my friend, you can google the real name and look at my new school. They use Macs so that's all I needed to know. It's still a bit much to wrap my brain around. I grew up hanging out at my mom's classrooms, then other people's classrooms and now I'll actually have my own classroom!

We dug trenches for our sprinkler system yesterday and it went really well. I'm excited to have actual sprinklers for the first time in our marriage. Look at us moving into the 20th century! I went to Target this evening and when I was pulling back into our driveway I noticed a few little kids in our trenches. They were playing in and filling up the trenches we spent hours digging! I rolled down the window and told them to stop and get out. They ran away and I went inside to tell Ryan about it. Meanwhile, the owner of the pasture behind us was flood irrigating and the water was running into our yard and collapsing our trenches. Ryan went to talk to him, got things worked out. He then walked into the front yard and those damn (milder curse than I want to use) kids were back filing in our trenches! Can you believe that? They came back after I told them to get out and decided they weren't finished. Both Ryan and I are feeling pretty upset about the whole thing. I have to go to work tomorrow and I'm worried that I'm going to come home to find our trenches filled in. It might be a xanax night.



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - you have a tree, and your neighbours have sod. Looking good. Also, kudos on the whole job thing.
Becky

Shea said...

That's Evie's tree from our old house. I hope it survives the move. The neighbours yard being done is good.

Natalie said...

Those are some serious trenches - I'd be mad too if the neighborhood kids were filling them in. You tell 'em. Congrats on the job! (I think I learned more from my Mom about being a teacher and being in her classroom than I did at University. So sad.)

Susan said...

Good luck! Darn kids -- they can be such a pain. This yard isn't as rocky as at your last house. I thinking planting will be much easier here.

Kristin said...

Big Congrats, Mrs. V. And good luck with the neighborhood brats!

SuburbiaMom said...

I want a gummy bear!

Congratulations, Shea!!!!

Sorry about the trenches, the nerve of those kids. You'll have to take names and numbers down and make them come back and dig them out.

Gwen said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the job!! This is very exciting news!
When we first moved into our house, all the kids in the neighborhood used our backyard as a shortcut/playground.
"Fences make good neighbors" was our favorite quote back then. :)

Lori-Ann said...

Awesome news about the new job Shea. Your house is looking great...I'd love to get sprinklers put in our yard.

Anonymous said...

YEA!! Congrats on the Jobby-Job. People are probably in envy of you right now with the ecomony and all. Says a lot about you!!!!

Your HUGE yard looks fab. And I love your hanging flowers. Duct tape a sign to a stick and out it in the trenches telling them to stay out of the trenches or else! Do it Shea...do it!

Shea said...

The kids were back again today! Ryan had to yell at them again. I was actually thinking about the sign Amanda but I don't think they read.

Anonymous said...

HI Shea, Love your hanging baskets. I can tell you are excited about having underground sprinklers. Mom

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the job! You should be so proud of yourself! Your house is a beauty! I have to admit living near the mountains in S. is lovely, but that nice FLAT yard looks SO nice. Good job all around!

kimberlee said...

Congratulations!!!
:)

Yay!

Adie said...

The house looks FAB!! Really great!!

And hearing you talk about the kids filling in the trenches, now I know how our local farmers used to feel when we went through the fields and made dens in the hay before it was cut. And then made houses out of the haybales. Yep, we were always in trouble with them...

Dana Kuzmanovski, M.Ed., BCBA said...

Little late...I know. :) Just getting caught up.

Congrats on the job!!! Your own classroom! How exciting!

Nice trenches too, we would love a sprinkler system.