Monday, June 01, 2009

What? Pour moi?

I went to my school today to meet with the principal, get my keys and see my room. The principal was busy when I came in so I sat and chatted to the vice-principal for a bit. She was working on a MacBook so I jokingly said, "Do I get a new MacBook too?" She said, "Yes! You'll get a brand new one that is even better than mine." What?! I was just joking but I did get myself a shiny, used, MacBook today. I was hoping for a new one but really, I can't complain. The only thing I can complain about was how dirty it was. Ryan cleaned it up for me and it looks much better.

Me with Snowball II. Ryan informed me that my boobs looked saggy in this photo. I reminded him that I have a no-bra rule at home.


The principal showed me around the school which included a computer room full of new, 24 inch iMacs. My room is in need of some TLC but I think I can get it looking great by the end of the summer. I decided to take the girls to my school with me. I think it will be easier on us as a family and after some initial crying by Grace, they seem excited about it. I'm still a little stressed about it. I was telling Ryan that I worry sometimes that decisions we make will be the wrong ones and our kids will be screwed up because of them. What if, by choosing this school, they get bad friends and end up as coked-out strippers? He was the voice of reason this time and told me I was being crazy. My school is actually in, what I would describe as, fancy-town and we all know that rich people are better. Right?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you never age - that picture looks like it could have been taken 10 + years ago.
That is fun about the computer. Looking forward to your visit.
BEcky

Shea said...

You're sweet. I actually thought it was a pretty dorktastic photo. I'm wishing you guys were out of school so we could come now. I'm ready for a vacation.

Anonymous said...

That's what I mean - you looked this dorky 10 + years ago. Zing!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hey - did you see that Total Eclipse of the Heart literal video on Michael K? It made us laugh.
B

Ter said...

oh no you're going to get spoiled now. ;)

Shea said...

I just watched that video and that is one crazy video to begin with. Here is the link if anyone is interested. Monti, remember when we used to dance around singing this song? Busted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA&feature=player_embedded

Gwen said...

Umm, I think I need to get a new teaching job in the "land of the rich people." :)

Shea said...

I think they got grant money for the computers Gwen, so start writing up those grant proposals.

Susan said...

Hey, I have a question. Are you teaching at the same school that the girls will be attending or a totally different one? Just curious.

Shea said...

I'm transferring the girls to my school susan. They were supposed to go to one down the street but this will make my life much easier.

SuburbiaMom said...

Oh, nice mac. That will be a lot easier to have the girls where you are--and less stressful! Congratulations!!

Natalie said...

It's fun to go to the school your mom teaches at. Instantly, you're popular with all the teachers and you get a little VIP treatment. (And if you wet your pants, like I did in Gr. 1, Mom's right there to take you to the store for some dry clothes!!) Or just for a hug if you need it. ;)

Runnergirl said...

Congrats teacher!

kimberlee said...

Oh, very nice Mac. I dream of a mac.

Adie said...

Firstly, I finally figured out how to get to your blog again (via Facebook. Duh..stupid.). I found it briefly the other day, and had to run..so finally I'm back to read it!!

Anyway, that photo of you is BRILL..I think you look fab (and no, you don't have saggy boobs!).

And lucky lucky you..how do I get a job that'll give me things (other than a headache, that is!)???