I was thinking the other day about washing the bed sheets and then I remembered that involved a lot of work. It got me thinking about how often I wash our sheets and while I'm not going to admit it here, I'd like to have others admit it. So how often do you wash sheets? I want to know if I'm normal or some sort of dirty freak.
Updates:
The anniversary was great. Ryan and I ate some very delicious steak and then went shopping at the new Rack. Sadly nothing was found for either of us. We had planned to go to the midnight showing of Wolverine but both of us fell asleep at eleven. Kind of like our wedding night. The next day we went to the morning showing and then I made Ryan take me to Nordstrom. Long story short, Ryan kindly bought me the jeans I've been coveting for over a year. I told him he just made up for my mom not buying me Jordache jeans when I was 9.
My bacne is gone! Ryan hates it when I talk about this on the blog, "it's gross!" but it's my blog. I've been taking my medicine for a few months and the bacne seems to have cleared up. Just in time for Seven Peaks season. Oh and the laser hair removal seems to be going well also. I'd still recommend it but I'm hoping my last few touch-up sessions will get rid of it all.
I've been searching for the perfect garbage can for the kitchen. At our old house, our pantry was large enough to accommodate a garbage can but in this house it has to be out in the open. I wanted something that looked nice but also fit in the spot I had in mind. I bought a couple but the opening would hit the lip of the island counter-top. Ryan found this one at Costco and took me over to see if it was worthy, which it was. The best part is, it's touchless! I just put my hand out and it magically opens to receive my garbage. It's so awesome, I've made a video of it for you to watch. Also for those who are wondering, I'm waiting until I get my kitchen chairs (which are on back order) before I post pictures or mind-blowing multimedia presentation of the house.
Garbage from Shea Van Fleet on Vimeo.
*Doesn't the garbage can kind of remind you of the game Mr. Mouth?
18 comments:
What a neat garbage can is it expensive?
I think it was $50 and it also came with a smaller can.
The garbage can is cool, if not a little scary. LOL
You already know my response to the linen thing so I'm not responding again, though I am curious to see if I'm the freak in that regard.
~ChristineR
Washing sheets.... I try to do it once a week, but usually it's closer to every other week.
Kinda sad when we get older and can't stay up as late as we used to even with fun things to do. Oh well.
i'll be honest, 2 to 4 weeks! that is so gross, i know,but after washing all the clothesand towels and then folding and putting away, i've forgotten about the sheets. i need to get on a laundry schedule and then they'd get done but there is really no rhyme or reason to anything i do so a lot of things get overlooked...sad! i know what i'll be doing tonite, though...thanx for reminding me.
oh and i have the mr. mouth that gram had. my kids play it all the time...as much as i love that game cause it was grams, it is the most boring yet frustrating game i've ever played. congrats on the new garbage can! :)
The zit medicine that I use and adore is called Erythromycin Benzoyl Peroxide Topical Gel. Wow that is a mouth full.
I was going to say "no comment" to the sheet question, but I will tell the truth...about every 2 weeks lately. It has been waaayyyy longer than that in the past though. I have decided I love clean sheets so much, so really I should wash them more often, but I don't. There is already too much laundry in my life, why add sheets to it!! I love the little running Shea on your side bar. I like that every now and then you pause to box!!
I have every intention of washing the sheets every week, but it's honestly about every 2 weeks, sometimes a little shorter. The kids are a bit longer. I'm just too lazy to climb up on the bunk bed and get the sheets off. And, shame on me, they only have one set of sheets each, so that means I have to do it the same day! I can't believe I just admitted that. :)
Chelle, it's frustrating because you suck! I think it's time for a Mr. Mouth tournament. Winner gets pop rocks.
I'm so glad you are admitting to your wash schedules. I'm guilty of it going on a month or so in the winter. I love the feeling of clean sheets but it's such a pain. Kim I only have one set for my kids also. I usually get a new one each year.
Melissa I'm going to ask my dermatologist about that. The Bactrim really did wonders and I was also using a topical lotion. Got to love modern medicine.
I like your new trash can, but I know around here it would be viewed as a really fun toy!
i am laughing for two reasons...the mr mouth reference..becuase I remember than game and also...the part about you entering data into a computer that is pretty much all I do..then I have to balance all the data...LOL I do that for like 8 hours straight...and I LOVE it..I can listen to my ipod text on my phone...but nobody bothers me! LOL
Mel
How bout I just send you the pop rocks and that way I can avoid any humilation...;)
Kim, don't worry...we only have one set of sheets each! I am way too picky to buy more than that. Last year I finally bought us a new set after 11 years of using the other set. It's the whole "material feels yucky thing".
I do pillow cases every week and full set of sheets every other week and blankets about every 4-6 weeks...
LOVE the garbage can and I also LOVE the Mr Mouth reminder. What a great game that was!!
I wash the sheets once a week...or I try to, when my legs start itching from the flith, I know it's time to change the sheets. Also, I bought the newer version of Mr.Mouth and my kids love it. Still the weird mechanical sounds with the chomping shut...oh sweet memories. Ps- do you know who has gram's mormon baseball game?
I wish I knew Linds. I really wanted the crokinole board but it disappeared also. That Mormon baseball game brings back a lot of memories. It had the most obscure questions.
Cool trash can. Batteries or do you plug it in? Or is it solar powered? ;-)
Isn't that what spring cleaning is for - washing sheets and beating the rugs? Annually is my schedule.
BEcky
Can you not see my huge golden Ret...standing by that garbage can and it magically opening so he can eat all the foul garbage food he desires.....he would love that can!!
Maybe I should get it, fill it with dog food and he can feed himself..the lazy man dog feeder.
Post a Comment