Thursday, April 30, 2009

If by "happy" you mean trapped with no means of escape...? Then yes, I'm happy

Fifteen years ago today, Ryan made the best decision of his life and married me. What am I saying? We both made the best decision. I can't believe two kids so young and stupid were able to last this long but we somehow make it work. Marriage isn't easy but I'm glad I get to experience it with Ryan. You know I'm not good about getting all mushy and sh*t but I'll make an exception just this once. I loves Ryan and especially love that he is a great dad, husband, provider, dancer of the robot, giver of compliments and not too shabby in the connubial bed. Here is a little photo history of our life.

Sixteen years ago we met in a BYU bowling class and this is pretty much what we did for the next 9 months.

Oh yeah! On to bigger and better things. I can't believe they let a 12-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy get married in the temple.

We immediately started our family like good Mormons should by adopting Simon. Simon repaid us in puke.

We took trips to exotic locations.

Ryan graduated from university with an art degree. We really were setting ourselves up to make the big bucks.

I graduated from BYU eight months pregnant. That's a condition that all married women students have to meet to graduate. (I jest)

We procreated to the best of our ability. Grace and Hanna here and Evie in heaven. Oh and four other pregnancies. I relied on Ryan a lot during these times and I'm so glad I was married to him. Enough said.

Ryan decided that sitting at a computer designing genealogical magazines was not for him and changed careers. We got a cool car out of it.

Ry's a great cop/detective. Now he's a sergeant and that makes me proud. Plus we get an even better secret-ninja-car.

We've done a lot of other things in 15 years, built a couple of houses, gone on vacations, eaten at restaurants, etc and I'm happy I get to do it with Ryan. (remember he does do a wicked robot)

Here we are, fifteen years later and I think we are going to make it. I really do. When I think about our future I get excited thinking about all the things Ryan and I are going to do together. I've got big plans for us baby, big plans. I wuv you schmoopy! Now take me out to eat steak!





15 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! You guys look so young in your wedding pictures. I can't say much as we looked just as young. What happened? :)

Lori-Ann said...

That last pic of the two of you is really great...happy anniversary! You guys have already been on quite the adventure together... Great post!

Shea said...

I feel a little embarrassed and a little misty reading that. You're a pretty neato wife. Long live MC Robot!
Love, Ryan

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! 15 years, really? We're going on 10 this May, so I guess it makes sense. Congrats! Life is so much better when you get to spend it with someone you really love.

Anonymous said...

What a heartwarming post. Huzzah to 15 years and steak!
Becky

SuburbiaMom said...

Oh, Shea--I always laugh when I read your blog. You are hilareous! Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. You need to photoshop a pitchfork into that overalls picture. ;) Seriously though, congrats on the 15 years. You are lucky to have each other.

JenH

Anonymous said...

Nice post Shea. :)


~ChristineR

Anonymous said...

awwww you done good girl! I love it..the picture on your wedding day is CRAZY you guys look so little..like little kids! LOL

Marriage agrees with you guys!!!
Happy 15th

Mellykins

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Loved this post. I must say that you and Ryan do look better as you age....You guys are like that Brad Pitt movie...getting cuter each year. Nicely said....dying to see this Robot dance of your hubby....it must be some dance.

Anonymous said...

Awe that's super nice Shea. You deserve a steak and a landscaped yard, lol.

andrea

Quinn said...

Happy Anniversary :)
I love the photos.
And your wit.

JoEllen said...

That was a great post Shea!!! Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shea and Ryan, We finally got our computer fixed. I guess it was steak you were going out for tonight. Love you both and your little girls. Mom and Dad

Tiffany said...

Cute post, so funny! Awesome pictures! I agree you do get cuter every year. Congrats and many more.