Wednesday, December 13, 2006

For Evie

Many of you know we lost our baby girl Evie Shea this year at 20 weeks.
She only lived for a few moments but those moments have changed me
forever. It's hard this time of year because I think about how I should
have been very pregnant now and how we'd all be so excited for our new
baby to come. I miss her so much but I have to go one with my life even
if it's mostly on autopilot because I have people who depend on me. I received a Christmas card today from the hospital where Evie was born and this poem was inside it. I just thought it was a great poem and it put into words what I feel this season. God bless.



Dear Baby
Holiday decorations and light and music
Sometimes seem out of place to me this year.
I am celebrating the season.
Just a little more subdued than usual.
Oh, I will put on a happy face
And try not to spoil it for others.
But inside my heart aches to look up
And see you there too.
Instead, I know you will only be a present in my heart
But you will be there, always there.
I will learn to do things without you.
I will learn how to accomplish my plans
And celebrate the future
Differently now.
Holidays are times of miracles.
I will choose to believe in miracles
And see the light
Instead of the darkness.
I will remember
Your fluttering presence.
Your anticipated arrival.
Your contribution to our family.
Differently now.
But I will remember.
And celebrating the season
Does not mean you are forgotten.
You are a part of me always
And you live here in my heart.
-W.W. Roberts.

5 comments:

me said...

*HUGS* That is a beautiful poem, Shea. I am glad they chose to remember you at this time of year, that is truly compassionate and thoughtful. My prayers are with you for strength, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Shea huge((HUGS)).
It is such a beautiful poem to remember your precious daughter Evie.

Nicole said...

Shea- That is a beautiful poem. Sending you a big hug!

Anonymous said...

Shea- I can't imagine what you must have gone through and are still going through. That poem is so nice.

Tyla'sMommy said...

beautiful poem. ((HUGS))