Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Not the po-po! I can't do another nickel!

I was having one of those days today. I subbed and while it wasn't that bad, I kept thinking "is this worth $65?" (I won't even get into why I think it's crazy that non-teachers can sub and therefor teachers who do sub get paid crap.) The girls wanted me to take them to Wendy's so they could get use their free frosty coupons and I just wanted to go home, sit on the heater and watch election coverage. I was calling Jonesy and probably going 5-10 miles over the speed limit on the frontage road. I've gone this whole detour without getting stopped or honestly, speeding and then days before it's done, I get stopped. The minute I saw the patrol car driving toward me, I knew it was going to happen. My first thought was, I just spent an entire day working in a job where I'm not appreciated and now I was going to have to spend that money on a damn ticket. My second thought was, I will not be getting a ticket. If there is one perk from Ryan's job this should be it. I pulled over, acted humble, admitted to my wrong doing and then said, "My husband is a trooper and he is going to kill me!" I felt dirty as it was coming out of my mouth but I did it anyway. Long story short, I didn't get a ticket when I know that if I hadn't have said that, I'd be sporting a sweet one. But get this! After he handed my license back to me he said, "Tell your husband you got stopped." and then, "I'm surprised you haven't heard of me. They call me the traffic nazi." There is something about his second statement that I just don't get. Why did he tell me that? Was he wanting me to say, "Oh! The traffic nazi! You're a rockstar!" Anyway this post is getting lame. I think I'll go back to sitting on the heater and watching the election coverage.

17 comments:

Monti said...

Ask mom how much she gets paid for a day of subbing.

Shea said...

I know how much she gets paid, that's why I'm depressed about my pay.

Shea said...

I forgot to add that I only get $5 more because I'm a certified teacher. Basically a dollar for each year I went to university.

Monti said...

Lame. When I was a teacher asst. I got 35 cents more an hour 'cause I had a teaching degree.

noelle said...

hey at least you got out of the ticket - nice one :-)

Cheryl said...

I've only ever gotten out of one ticket in my life, and it was also because of the man in my life (at the time. He was in the Navy and I was speeding to get him back to base before his duty rotation. lol.)

Chelle said...

Too bad he wasn't the soup nazi... "No soup for you!"

Natalie said...

Congratulations on getting out of the ticket! Quite a vindicating feeling, isn't it? I've only had one ticket (which I couldn't talk my way out of,) but somehow I managed to talk Kevin out of about 5, for various infractions...over the cell phone while he was pulled over! To this day he says he'd rather have gotten the tickets than to keep hearing me tell the story. BTW, can you ask Ryan about the implications of having an unpaid speeding ticket in Montana?

Anonymous said...

Hey - when is the inauguration? I am happy for Ryan.
If it is any consolation, the tickets here match the pay.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Becky

Shea said...

Natalie,
Ryan said you'll have a warrant in Montana. If you get stopped there again it will show up. He also said some "coppy" thing about if you ever have a background or criminal check in Montana it will show up as a warrant.

Monti said...

That boy that kicked Grace must be worried that Obama will come and take his guns.

On the bright side, most of the kids in my class were stoked that he won. No kicking.

Susan said...

We have advised Annalise to not say anything about our voting for Obama to anyone at church. The general population doesn't care but our fellow ward members would definetely have a problem with it. We don't discuss any politics with people from church it's not worth the hassle.

Shea said...

That's a wise policy Susan. Can I just say it makes me happy that you and Jeff supported Obama.

Monti said...

Yeah, that's cool.

Susan said...

It makes me happy that you guys supported Obama. I don't always agree with the church's mainstream so it's nice not to be alone.

Quinn said...

Sorry you had a bad day.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Good job handling the traffic Nazi. hope your week improved.